cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Physical Inventory Difference List vs Material movements reporting

0 Kudos

Good Day,

I am having difficulty to understand why the amount of my difference list in WM differs from the actual posted amount.  The quantity is the same.

For example:

Difference List quantity diff for -9132 ea, amount -23 130.44

The difference was posted on the same day the PI doc was created, there was no recount, BUT the MB51 material doc shows the same quantity 9132 ea, but the amount shows -23 103.96

Your opinion and advice will be appreciated

Anita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are the values provided really like this?

I could imagine if it was the other way around.

-23 103.96 / 9132 ea is exact 2,53 per 1 ea

so it would just be a multiplication of difference quantity with material master price.

-23 130.44/ 9132 is 2,53289969, this looks more value proportional which is the usual way how SAP reduces the value in goods movements.

if it was not like assumed, then I suggest to use report S_P00_07000139  to check the development of moving average price. So you could see if there was any action which changed the price between difference list printing and posting of differences, e.g. invoice posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anita ,

Material document posted as part of clearing  will give you the final value ,i believe that percentage difference and  value displayed as part of WM clearing is for  information purpose to act on count / recount if needed.

Could you check whether  price related changes is carried out for material after inventory.

Kindly let me know the results, please provide screen shot of relevant document for detailed analysis.

Thanks

Jinoy