cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB13 Offline backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

We are running SAP ehp6 release server in MS Cluster environment with Oracle Database 11g.

My offline backup through DB13 are not able bring online oracle instance after finish the backup. i do restart manually.

My steps are as follows;

The LOG file attached for reference!

Pause to Node B

Go to DB13 to make Full Database offline backup with Redo Log.

The backup executed successfully and start the write data on disk almost 30-45 minutes
after finishing backup, the PRD.WORLD instance not able to come online; the logged has been paste down.

The ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME environment variable are set on system and user level too.
i have maintained the profile parameter for gw/netstat_once to 0 as mentioned in SAP Note 112266.

----------------------------
BR0002I BRARCHIVE 7.20 (28)
BR0006I Start of offline redo log processing: aekmfvgr.svd 2013-02-05 14.13.45
BR0484I BRARCHIVE log file: L:\oracle\PRD\saparch\aekmfvgr.svd
BR0280I BRARCHIVE time stamp: 2013-02-05 14.13.45
BR0301W SQL error -12560 at location BrDbConnect-2, SQL statement: 'CONNECT /'
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
BR0310W Connect to database instance PRD failed
----------------------------

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Anwer,

I hope your your problem might have solved byt this time. If not then, have you SET the enviroment variable for user id SapServiceSID same as SIDADM user?

If not then make the same setting for this user and then run the backup from DB13.

Hope this will help.

regards

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't provide enough information about your configuration. Is this fresh installation of ERP 6.0 EHP 6 on this Windows Server 2008 R2 or upgrade/update? When were last OS/DB upgrades? Also provide your cluster resource configuration. Anyway check 1764650 - How to install a standalone gateway in a Microsoft Failover Cluster for Oracle if it relevant to your issue.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks for reply... This is our fresh system which going to be live on 15th Feb 2013,

The SAP ECC6 with EHP6 running on Windows 2008 R2 with oracle 11g database.

The OraclePRD11203TNSListener service is stop even in the PRD.WORLD is online

OraclePRD11203TNSListenerFslo... is always remain start while the PRD.WORLD is offline

OracleServicePRD it depend on the PRD.WORLD service. it start/stop with database.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anwar,

You need to install Gateway as per  note 657999..Please refer SAP
note 657999..and refer below thread

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/Installation+of+SAP+gateway+services+in+MSCS+cluster

Regards,

Snehal Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems to be a problem with your listener.

Please check your listener whether it is running. Goto Services.msc and try to check whether oracleTNS***** service is in running status in both the nodes.

If not, please try to start it.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal