cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Hope I am having issue with copy control- copy item number in header, In my case i am  having items copied from order to credit request for example in order i am having ten items 10 to 100(10,20,30.......100) and in credit request i am having only 9 items(10......90) we actually left item 20 in order.

Here in my case item number for material in credit request is changing how can i restrict it, I see copy item number is checked in copy control header.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pratap,

If you read the F1 help, for field "Copy item number from reference", in VTAA, at header level -

Use

If you expand a document by copying in only partial item information from
another document, the system does not copy the item numbers. If the system does
not copy the item numbers from the source document, the item numbers in the
target document are regenerated to avoid gaps in the numbering. In this case,
the higher-level item field and the alternative item field in the sales order
entry screens are also renumbered to keep their original relationship to other
items intact.

If you copy only partial item (i.e. donot copy line # 20) then the number is regenerated.

Meaning it is not same as the numbering in the source document.

Please test by referencing all the items in the source document to the target document, the same number shall apply in both documents.

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,   Just check the setting in T-Code : VOV8 and also checl in T-Code for the item Category... Regards, Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

What i could get from your issue is:

You have SO with Line item 10 to 100 and when you create credit note you get line item 10 to 90 where line item 20 from SO is missing., hence line item 30 in sale order becomes as line item 20 in credit note..!!

Check the copying requirements. if any of the copying requirement is not met at item level that particular item will not get copied. This is what i can propose for now.

You can reply back if issue is different from what i got or anything that you observe on copy controls.

Thanks

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not asking why item number 20 has not copied, it is created manually and intentional, what i want to restrict is item number in credit request should not be different for same material copied from standard order.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is created manually and intentional, what i want to restrict is item number in credit request should not be different for same material copied from standard order.

I am not getting ................Please light on this as plain example what do you want exactly .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Need for more info on below line .

In credit request I am having only 9 items(10......90) we actually left item 20 in order.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narendra Konnipati wrote:

Dear,

Need for more info on below line .

In credit request I am having only 9 items(10......90) we actually left item 20 in order.

Thanks,

Naren

In order source doc i am having 10 items but in credit request we have copied only 9 items from standard order so in our case item numbers were changed in credit request it did't copy similar item numbers for same material

eg:   10..20..30...40..50..60..70.80..90..100 standard order

10  20  30..40..50..60..70..80..90         credit request

here 30 item of standard order is 20 in credit request similarly 40 item of standard order is 30 in credit request.....................................100 item in standard order in 90 item in credit request.

Please suggest to restrict this, we want similar item numbers for materials both in credit request and standard order.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont ,Can you check your Credit Note as Field " Item Number Increment " and in also SO in VOV8 .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both for credit request and standard order item number increment is 10