cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Internal error in SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SAP ME 6.0. In the 'RMA SFC Reciept' activity, when I try to browse SFC details I could see a new window pop-up and it shows "An Internal Error occured; contact technical support" with Date and Time stamp. PFA. What is the root cause of this problem? Can anyone let me know how to solve this error.

Thanks

Anudeep KM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I replicated the error in SAP ME on MSSQL. The root cause is different collation of WIP and ODS - please check the error in defaultTrace. However, the DB creation scripts do point to the same Latin1_General_CI_AI as per installation guide. So maybe it is a residual effect of repetitive upgrades from old versions.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a few questions in my mind, guess its no offence...

• Do I need to collate both the DB's?
  • If yes, do I need to go for a backup option?
  • Would I loose any data by doing so?

could u please provide documents(if any) to follow? The below image shows the error message.

Thanks,

Anudeep KM

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anudeep,

Both WIP and ODS databasea must be set up according note 1569390:

SQL Server must use the following collations for WIP and ODS:

-  For an English environment, Latin1_General_CI_AI

-  For a German environment, Latin1_General_CI_AS

You have to consult you DBA on how to do this without loosing data. I believe there is no simple way to change collation without additional actions like backup/restore etc.

Check this thread, looks like you could use the script mentioned there to change existing DB collation:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/databasedesign/thread/a346636b-7ff5-4d2c-a76f-b6531554...

Please note that this is just a workaround and you cannot be sure that it will not bring any side effects. If it's test DB, I would recommend to just recreated WIP and/or ODS with correct collation.

Regards,

Konstantin

Answers (0)