cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS in WorkFlow - set concrete document status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

If there any possibility to set concrete status of the document in DMS automatically using WorkFlow step (background task) using standard settings (I mean not to ask abap programmer to write a BAPI and use it in method)???

Or BAPI is the only one solution?!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Nadejda!

Looks like this question is no longer relevant for you, but since it came up, I think, I'll share an idea:

There is SetStatus method in DRAW business object (BOR). It is based on the BAPI function you've mentioned above.

It is possible to create a workflow task (TS) based on this method and use in in your workflow definition to change documents' status.

So, no ABAP development, but still a little workflow development is needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadejda,

Do you able to find the solution for this requirement?

/Tilak Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately no, because the project was postpone indefinitely.

If I return to this problem and find the solution I surely write it.

Nadejda

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nadejda,

I assume you are referring to the information depicted below. Hope this helps.

Status Management & DMS

We can control the processing statuses of documents using status management
several statuses that represent important processing statuses a processing cycle of a document.

We can maintain the status for a document in Customizing go to Document management? Define document type? Define document status

Document Status Network

A status network represents the entire processing cycle of a document from the beginning to the end of a phase, for example from the creation of a document to its release. The processing steps can be defined and controlled exactly

After we define the status for a document type we maintain the relationship to one another as predecessor and successor form the status network

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak Kori,

Thanks for answering, but I am not mean the settings of the status in DMS. I need to configure the WorkFlow where I need to have a step with background task after execution of which the system must  automatically set for example status P2.