cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Currencies in Different stages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The Reuqirement is to have different currency in Quatation & sales order. I know we can change the the Dcoument currency at header level of the docuemnt. Please clarify the below points.

1) What is the impact of change in currencies in sales order on pricing?

2) what all types of condition types will get affected?

another requirement is like this.

Suppose the quotation is created in the month of Jan 2013 & the exchange rate was 1 USD= 55 INR. if the user creates a sale sorder with respect to the quotation in the month of FEB 2013, the exchange rate is 1 USD= 60 INR. since we are creating sales order with refernce to the Quotation, system will copy the old exchange rate itself. but user wants to create sales order based on the currenct exchange rate. Please provide inputs on both the requirement.

Regards,

Biswa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helllo Biswa,

1. If you change the Doucment Currency in Sales Order, system will convert the values of all the Condition types in the new Doucment currency based on the exchange rates maintain in T-Code - OB08

2. If the exchange rate is changed from 55 to 60. While creating Sales order the exchange of 55 or 60 will not matter asyour pricing condition will be in USD, which will remain the same. Now while creating & posting the Invoice you have couple of options to determine the exchange rate - like - Copy from Sales Order, based on Billing date, based on Pricing date etc.

Please go to T-Code VTFL - Copy Controls from Delivery to Billing Doucment & select your Delivery & Invoice types. Go to Item Details & there you have a option for PricingExchRate type. Set the required value here & it will determine the Exchange rate in your Invoice & posting to Accounts.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh for the advice.However i think the option "E" will suit my requirement. since while posting the invoice system will pick the exchange rate of the current date.

E          Exchange rate determination according to current date

please confirm once from your end whether i'm right or wrong.

Regards,

Biswa

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Biswa,

Firstly let me repeat that Exchange Rate will only come in consideration while posting Invoice to Accounting. In Quotation or Sales order excahnge rate does not matter because the value are displayed in foreign currency say e.g. USD.

Now when it come to posting, if your business requirement is to consider the current date's exchange rate then main E in PricingExchRate type in VTFL at Item level.

Generally the requirement is to consider the Exchange rate of Billing date i.e. C - Exchange rate determination according to billing date

Speak to your client's Accounting / Finance teams & they will give you clear requirement.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,

Thanks a lot on sharing all this.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are changing exchange rate in sales order then Pricing Exchange rate Type 'A' : Copy from sales order should be use for Proforma Invoice.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biswa,

1. Changing currency will impact all condtion type value. It will change condtion result in new currency with exchange rate as maintained in Document currency and new currency.

2. You can change currency and exchange rate in sales order. Check below screen shot.

Change Document currency to your required currency & press enter. Now you can change the exchange rate.

Insert Exchange rate between new document currency & local currency, press enter.

Like here in this example we changed Document currency to Euro with new exchange rate i.e

1GBP = 99.99 Euro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for the advice.

you mean to say that i can enter the current exchange rate in the sales order with different currency? if yes, then what option i have to chose in the copy control, so that the system accepts the currentexcahnge rate while creating sales order.

Regards,

Biswa

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exchange rates will have impact only during FI postings which means, you need to look for some alternate solution during billing.  Not sure, why you are looking this in sale order stage itself.  Nevertheless, you can try with BADI_ME_PR_PRICE_CUST

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir for the input.

Actually the requirement is to create profoma invoice from Quotation. if QT is created in USD, then user wants the proforma Invoice to be created in INR. Now they are careting proforma invoice by changing QT document currency to INR. but when they want to create sales order with respect to the QT, they want the sales order currency to be in USD only.

Regards,

Biswa