cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating invoices through a batch job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I know I'm getting down to basics here but it only crossed my mind today after working on SD for 6 years.

We have a billing scenario where we would like the creation of invoice to happen via a batch job. My question is is there a way to tell if I want a collective or individual billing document. I know we can change copy controls to achieve this but it really doesn't make sense to change configuration for a batch job.

Say for a billing document type Z1 and sales order Z2, I should be able to set up batch job to create collective billing for one customer and individual billing for another. I don't know if there is a way to do it but at the moment it makes me really sad that this scenario has not been covered unless there is something that I'm not aware of.

Thanks

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm getting down to basics here

Certainly, it is not a basic and in fact, quite interesting question to dig the system.

You should be aware, through batch jobs, you can differentiate the functionality by creating variants for the respective TCodes.  In the case of VF04, Once you execute VF04, the said tabs (Individual billing document / Collective billing document) wont appear and only in the subsequent screen these will appear.  This means, in the main program SDBILLDL you wont be getting these two tabs but in the secondary program SAPLV60P, you will get. Accordingly to my knowledge, you cannot validate any fields which flows in secondary program, through batch jobs.  So through standard variants, this can't be achieved.  Only with some ABAP coding, this can be achieved.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your reply !! that definitely helps  !!

Regards

Swetha

Answers (0)