cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For BI ABAP installation we have the default clients 000,001 and 066.

Do I need to create another client for development, ie using rsa1, creating cues, etc.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. You need to create one new client with the copy of 001.

000 ,001 & 066 are the default clients when you install the system

000 is the master client , 001 is the copy of the 000 and 066 is for early watch.

Whatever changes you do in 000 like support packs, will be affecting all the clients. It is very sensititive client.

So create a new client and copy the contents from the client 001 .. Once done you can set it as a BI client by executing RSA1 and creating source systems and other stuffs ...

Few tcodes.

SCC4 - to create a new client

SCCL - to copy the contents to the newly created client from 001.

I hope it helps.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Out of curiosity, why not just use client 001?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question Steve. Anyone care to answer that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below SAP help link describes roles of 000 and 001  clients. Hope it will clear your doubts.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2e/d9530294f911d283d40000e829fbbd/content.htm

Extract from the link :

" 000: SAP standard client

This client is used to set up new "neutral" clients by client copy. Do not change or delete this client.

001: SAP standard client

This client is used to set up new "neutral " clients by client copy.

Do not change or delete client 000 or client 001."

Regards,

Mudasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That info is about R/3. Most R/3 or ERP development systems have multiple clients and so being able to create a completely clean one from an untouched reference might be useful. That said, after the first few weeks of our development project I never touched client 001, ever. In the end I deleted it. As far as I am aware, there is no functional or technical significance to client 001.

The original question, though, was about a BW system. I've always only had one development client for BW, and I've always used client 001 for that. I'm not aware of any reason not to.

Client 000 is, for sure, a little special, and you need to take care of it. I don't think the same is true of 001, despite SAP's advice above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The one system landscape is unlikely to be a best practice solution. I havent come across that within a BW environment. In ECC the normal procedure would be to segregate clients on a data separation and organisational level for each instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't say one system. I said one client! Three systems - DEV, QA and PRD - with one working client on each. And I'm not aware of any reason why that client can't be 001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve: I was commenting on the link sent by Mudasir 'One System Landscape'.

According to the NW7 installation doc client copy is a post installation task, but it doesn't  exactly say why.

Ill post another question in the discussion 'System copy v. client copy'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - I misread the threading. My mistake!

Steve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

This is plain basic stuff that info can be found in help.sap.com and in the BW installation documentation. Please research before posting.

Please read the "Rules of Engagement".

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its plain basic, yet I get 2 or 3 different opinions. Isn't that what a forum is about sharing opinions.

We can all research basic stuff to the most highly complex stuff. Its all available somewhere.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a subject that has been explored multiple times... a simple search would have given you the answer. Now, having said that the "Rules of Engagement" are specific when talking about steps to do before posting.

SCN does not substitute formal training.

Basic questions that have been answered numerous times create unwanted noise and reduce the quality of the content.

Please read the "Rules of Engagement", basic questions will be removed.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before my next post I will read the Rules of Engagement, Ill research very topic thoroughly, Ill attend formal training (any suggestions for courses) .

On top of that Ill ask your permission before I do any posts in future.

How does that sound.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's great, Thanks... No need to ask for permission though

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you need to create a new client by copying the 000 ( local client copy - Tcode SCCL ) .  All the developments should be done in the new client only.

Regards,

Mudasir.