cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# characters in IDOC

former_member76667
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'm seeing "#" characters in the IDOC segments where normally data is populated.  Can anyone help me find what scenarios or what conditions exist that make this occur when running the RPCEMDU0_CALL program.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vicky,

I saw same thing happened in my system.

The segment /  field has a special character (different than letters and numbers) and your File Port is not Unicode checked. (Check WE21 for the port and System Settings - Unicode format).

Either you need to make Unicode format checked for the file port or you need to eliminate special character from IDOC segment field.

former_member76667
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tuncay - Thanks so much for your reply.  I will check WE21 as you suggested. 

Thanks again!

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

In my experience ' (apostrophe) character was problem. Once you make the port unicode format, it works, but we didn't choose doing it! We just maintained data which won't have apostrophe character.

former_member76667
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tuncay,

I tried changing the options in WE21 (tried different options with the "System Setting" - unicode format, continue despite conversion error check boxes) and got the same results.  Now I'm wondering if the "#" indicates no data is in the field, do you know?  That character does not make the IDOC fail, it is just not what is expected. 

Thanks again for your help!

Vicky

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikcy,

I don't think "#" indicates no data!

Do you have screen shot of the IDOC?

former_member76667
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tuncay,

I believe I have an answer for the "#".  Since the IDOC request was for an "Update" the data that does not change in the segments is shown as "#".  I now need to figure out if there is an option or OSS note we can apply that would allow the data even if it does not change to be populated on the segment IDOC.   Any ideas on how to accomplish this? 

Thanks again for your help!

Vicky

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vicky,

It's confusing "Since the IDOC request was for an "Update" the data that does not change in the segments is shown as "#". "

I am not aware of any way!