cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing language parts and dump after language import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I installed Turkish language on a new Sybase ASE based SAP ERP 6.0 EHP6 system. I defined Turkish as primary language and English as supplementary language. Everything was okay so far. My problem rised when I tried to use RSREFILL I am always getting dump like below.

Category               ABAP Programming Error
Runtime Errors         SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC
Except.                CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB
ABAP Program           SAPLSLRF
Application Component  BC-CTS-CCO
Date and Time          05.02.2013 15:15:37
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Short text                                                                                        |
|    The ABAP/4 Open SQL array insert results in duplicate database records.                       |

|What happened?                                                                                    |
|    Error in the ABAP Application Program                                                         |
|                                                                                                  |
|    The current ABAP program "SAPLSLRF" had to be terminated because it has                       |
|    come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.                                |

|What can you do?                                                                                  |
|    Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.                                          |
|                                                                                                  |
|    To process the problem further, contact you SAP system                                        |
|    administrator.                                                                                |
|    Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look                                   |
|    at and manage termination messages, and you can also                                          |
|    keep them for a long time.                                                                    |

|Error analysis                                                                                    |
|    An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.                                      |
|    The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB', was not caught                 |
|     in                                                                                           |
|    procedure "TRANSFER_TEXT" "(FORM)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING clause.                |
|    Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the                         |
|    exception would occur, the current program is terminated.                                     |
|    The reason for the exception is:                                                              |
|    If you use an ABAP/4 Open SQL array insert to insert a record in                              |
|    the database and that record already exists with the same key,                                |
|    this results in a termination.                                                                |
|    (With an ABAP/4 Open SQL single record insert in the same error                               |
|    situation, processing does not terminate, but SY-SUBRC is set to 4.)                          |

|How to correct the error                                                                          |
|    Use an ABAP/4 Open SQL array insert only if you are sure that none of                         |
|    the records passed already exists in the database.                                            |
|    If the error occures in a non-modified SAP program, you may be able to                        |
|    find an interim solution in an SAP Note.                                                      |
|    If you have access to SAP Notes, carry out a search with the following                        |
|    keywords:                                                                                     |
|    "SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC" "CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB"                                              |
|    "SAPLSLRF" or "LSLRFF01"                                                                      |
|    "TRANSFER_TEXT"                                                                               |
|    If you cannot solve the problem yourself and want to send an error                            |
|    notification to SAP, include the following information:                                       |
|    1. The description of the current problem (short dump)                                        |
|       To save the description, choose "System->List->Save->Local File                            |
|    (Unconverted)".                                                                               |
|    2. Corresponding system log                                                                   |
|       Display the system log by calling transaction SM21.                                        |
|       Restrict the time interval to 10 minutes before and five minutes                           |
|    after the short dump. Then choose "System->List->Save->Local File                             |
|    (Unconverted)".                                                                               |
|    3. If the problem occurs in a problem of your own or a modified SAP                           |
|    program: The source code of the program                                                       |
|       In the editor, choose "Utilities->More                                                     |
|    Utilities->Upload/Download->Download".                                                        |
|    4. Details about the conditions under which the error occurred or which                       |
|    actions and input led to the error.                                                           |
|    The exception must either be prevented, caught within proedure                                |
|    "TRANSFER_TEXT" "(FORM)", or its possible occurrence must be declared in the                  |
|    RAISING clause of the procedure.                                                              |
|    To prevent the exception, note the following:                                                 |

|System environment                                                                                |
|    SAP Release..... 731                                                                          |
|    SAP Basis Level. 0004                                                                         |
|    Application server... "DOGSAP-TEST"                                                           |
|    Network address...... "10.10.1.22"                                                            |
|    Operating system..... "Windows NT"                                                            |
|    Release.............. "6.1"                                                                   |
|    Hardware type........ "8x AMD64 Level"                                                        |
|    Character length.... 16 Bits                                                                  |
|    Pointer length....... 64 Bits                                                                 |
|    Work process number.. 4                                                                       |
|    Shortdump setting.... "full"                                                                  |
|    Database server... "DOGSAP-TEST"                                                              |
|    Database type..... "SYBASE"                                                                   |
|    Database name..... "DOT"                                                                      |
|    Database user ID.. "SAPSR3"                                                                   |
|    Terminal.......... "mtekinkus-lap"                                                            |
|    Char.set.... "C"                                                                              |
|    SAP kernel....... 720                                                                         |
|    created (date)... "Mar 1 2012 02:06:42"                                                       |
|    create on........ "NT 6.0 6002 S x86 MS VC++ 16.00"                                           |
|    Database version. "Sybase ASE 15.7.0.105 "                                                    |
|    Patch level. 210                                                                              |
|    Patch text.. " "                                                                              |
|    Database............. "15.7"                                                                  |
|    SAP database version. 720                                                                     |
|    Operating system..... "Windows NT 5.1, Windows NT 5.2, Windows NT 6.0, Windows                |
|     NT 6.1, Windows NT 6.2"                                                                      |
|    Memory consumption                                                                            |
|    Roll.... 0                                                                                    |
|    EM...... 37708128                                                                             |
|    Heap.... 0                                                                                    |
|    Page.... 49152                                                                                |
|    MM Used. 8958080                                                                              |
|    MM Free. 16176880                                                                             |

|User and Transaction                                                                              |
|    Client.............. 100                                                                      |
|    User................ "KTURKES"                                                                |
|    Language key........ "T"                                                                      |
|    Transaction......... "SMLT "                                                                  |
|    Transaction ID...... "2A956FE2B9CAF167BD93000C29D7BE99"                                       |
|    EPP Whole Context ID.... "000C29D7BE991EE29BEF5BF4510A9D93"                                   |
|    EPP Connection ID....... 00000000000000000000000000000000                                     |
|    EPP Caller Counter...... 0                                                                    |
|    Program............. "SAPLSLRF"                                                               |
|    Screen.............. "SAPMSSY0 1000"                                                          |
|    Screen Line......... 6                                                                        |
|    Debugger Active..... "none"                                                                   |

|Information on where terminated                                                                   |
|    Termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPLSLRF" - in "TRANSFER_TEXT".                     |
|    The main program was "RSREFILL ".                                                             |
|    In the source code you have the termination point in line 228                                 |
|    of the (Include) program "LSLRFF01".                                                          |
|    The termination is caused because exception "CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB" occurred in                   |
|    procedure "TRANSFER_TEXT" "(FORM)", but it was neither handled locally nor                    |
|     declared                                                                                     |
|    in the RAISING clause of its signature.                                                       |
|    The procedure is in program "SAPLSLRF "; its source code begins in line                       |
|    16 of the (Include program "LSLRFF01 ".                                                       |

And because of that error (I think) many descriptions on many transactions are empty but they are working fine on if I logon to system in English language, for example BAPI transaction. I am giving you example screenshots below.

What can I do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Refer to these notes first.

Note 1156507 - Language supplementation, RSREFILL and client maintenance

Note 48047 - Mode of operation of report RSREFILL

Official explanation from SAP:

RSREFILL compares the Customizing texts in the logon client with the SAP proposals in a reference language in client 000. If these texts are identical, their translations in the target language are copied from client 000 into the logon client. Data is only inserted; no existing data is overwritten.

Here is the explanation of the dump.

The ABAP/4 Open SQL array insert results in duplicate database records.

The reason for the exception is:                                                              |

|    If you use an ABAP/4 Open SQL array insert to insert a record in                              |

|    the database and that record already exists with the same key,                                |

|    this results in a termination.                                                       

So it is obvious that the system is trying to insert something which is already present.

Have you tried this after restarting the SAP system.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I resetted whole server, rerun RSREFILL with option replace but I received same dump.

I did Turkish language implementations before but I never encountered such problems on MSSQL and Oracle based ERP and SRM systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

What I did so far is,

I did install Turkish language with English supplement.

From SMLT, I executed RSTLAN_IMPORT_OCS and imported all packages.

Then executed RSTLAN_IMPORT_CLIENTS to all clients. After that I created a new program with overwrt option ZRSREFILL and ran it with Ref Lang "EN", Language to be updated "TR". Test mode not selected, Update mode "I" and log directory \\DOGSAP-TEST\sapmnt\trans\PFILLTR.DOT

After that I executed RSTLAN_SUPPLEMENT_UNI on each client (100 and 200) with options Target lang Turkish and Client Maint with Cust TranslationsAfter all of them finished I executed RSLANG20 for all languages and all options selected including force mode.

After that I deleted all buffers by executing /$CUA /$DYN and /$SYNC and then I restarted whole system but problem still exists.

In addition to my problem, now they are missing more fields. For example no description on sales organization in VA01 as shown on the screenshot.

What else can I do?

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaan,

Please try to run the supplement for the language. Also use report rslang20.

please check attached doc. convert the file to doc or docx format.

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I already installed English as supplement lang and I executed rslang20 according to your document but nothing changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kann Turkes,

Refer the below sap note if it helps you

Note 48047 - Mode of operation of report RSREFILL

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Problem is whatever way I run RSREFILL it always fails with a dump.