cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Tracking: RSEIDOC2_CALL_VIA_RFC_DOCNUM error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

With SP19 there is a new IDoc Tracking functionality available. You can click on an IDoc number in IDX5 and it takes you the IDoc monitoring in the sending or receiving system. However, for some SAP systems I get the following error:

Error during remote call of method RSEIDOC2_CALL_VIA_RFC_DOCNUM in system <SM59 Destination>, message

Message no. IDOC_ADAPTER840

If I test the SM59 destination with Test -> Authorization it is successful. What do I need to configure to make it work?

Regards, Tanja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please see the below note, may be helpfull...

Note 327861 - Allowing RFC destinations of type <> R/3 for ALE

Solution:

Installing a correction

A new optional import parameter, RETURN_ANY_DESTTYPE LIKE BDFIELDS-BOOL_VALUE, and a new export parameter, RFC_TYPE LIKE RFCDES-RFCTYPE, (Call by Value) is required especially for the module

Points rewarded if it is usefull..

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm not sure if it will help to install the note because I only get the error for a certain sending SAP system (DEV box) but I was able to successfully use IDoc tracking to the ITG box of the sending SAP system. And the DEV and ITG box of the sending SAP system are on the same patch level.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though both are on same patch ..level..

please check the ALE settings..

In general..from Note..

In the ALE tools, a RFC connection is established to other systems at different points. Instead of a normal ALE IDoc transfer, this concerns synchronous calls that partly execute a dialog message in the target system.

Examples are distributing a distribution model view, ALE-CCMS monitoring or IDoc tracing.

Additional key words

ALE synchronous RFC RFC_DATA_DETERMINE_FOR_CHECKS

Cause and prerequisites

The standard system only allows for RFC destinations of type R/3 - R/3.

However, with regard to the Business Connector and in the era of connections via the Internet, for example, it might be useful and necessary to allow for other RFC types.

Nevertheless, this requires carrying out enhanced troubleshooting because other connections are more difficult to monitor and might display special error messages or not provide a dialog logon

Also see the below links..may be usefull..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/d4/0d67e4d85511d2a6080060087832f8/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/29/b134ce5cf311d289770000e8216438/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/be/38f0d8cbfe11d2a5f80060087832f8/frameset.htm

Points rewarded if it is usefull..

Regards

Chilla..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have the same problem when I try to track an IDOC.

Error during remote call of method RSEIDOC2_CALL_VIA_RFC_DOCNUM in system <SM59 Destination>, message

The SM59 destination with Test -> Authorization it is successful and I don't see any error. Only when try to track the IDOC in the SXI_MONITOR.

Regards.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanja,

This is a feature I was not aware of.

Can you give us more details on this if possible?

Any links of this feature?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

IDoc tracking is available in the IDoc adapter monitoring (IDX5) with SP18. You can track IDocs and call the corresponding monitors in sender and receiver systems and use it as an end-to-end central monitoring tool for SAP to SAP IDoc communication.

See

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c1/bab13bb3acd607e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm -> Performing IDoc Tracking for more information.

Regards, Tanja

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can i have the exact error...

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Exact error is:

There is no other information in IDX5.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check your RFC connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If I test the SM59 destination with Test -> Authorization it is successful.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

is R/3 sending IDOCS or receciving IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Both, it is a bidirectional SAP -> XI -> SAP scenario.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

is our SAP-XI working sucessfully or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The message flow is successful, only IDoc tracking functionality is not working.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

how you solved the problem?