cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the requirement where material determination in sales order should perform depending on the stock Qty

Example 1.

Material A - On hand Balance 0 Qty. Material B - 100 Qty available

when material A entered  replace it with Material B

Example 2.

Material A - On hand Balance 20 Qty. Material B - 100 Qty available

No material determination should perform as Material A is having stock

I tried this using the VB11 functionality

1. I have maintained the  material A in Material entered as well as in alternative material field

Then maintain the material B as 2nd alternative material with MRP  indicator (also I check without setting the indicator)

but it did not work so

2. I have maintained the same material A in Material entered and Material B in alternative material field with MRP indicator (also I check without setting the indicator)

Pl help. Let me know if more details required.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy's I appreciate for all your response.

I got the solution for this -

1. Maintain the material determination profile to sales order type

2. Create the Material determination record using VB11

Enter material Material A in material and substitute material. Assign Reason 0006

select the line and double click. One more time enter material A and then on 3rd row maintain material B.

In the sales order it will determine the item cat maintained for Usage - psa2 along with sub line item.

Again thanks to all.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the condition records for material determination based on the Strategy 0004 which will check the availability

and in the Outcome of substitution reason OVRQ for 0004 should be A

this will work for your two requirements

please test and let me know your feedback

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chetan,

I don't think Material Determination by itself will get you there.  You need to configure and implement Automatic Product Selection.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/97/91f2c40a7211d2956500a0c9306667/frameset.htm

Alternatively, you could do your availability checking in APO using Rules Based Availability checking.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chetan,

Not Sure, if the below answer meets your requirements, i presume that you wanted to have Materials A & B to be consumed simultaneously based on the stock.

on example 2, lets say that the original requirement for material A is 200,

presuming that the output you need here will be

A should confirm for 20 qty, B should confirm for 100 qty ( as this material are available), in this regard are you OK to have material A coming in Line 10 as a not relevant for delivery item ( item category TAPA) while A with 20 QTY in line 20 as TAN & B in line 30 for 100 qty.

if so, as suggested by DB49, you need to go for automatic product selection ( customized against substitution reason against strategy) & on the outcome area on Substitution reason do not go with replacement as only either A or B will get replaced in the original line you enter. ( no TAPA, only TAN). you can select B here.

then based on the master record you had made, 120 will be confirmed against the original requested qty( 20 from A & 100 from B). the balance of 80 will then be passed for MRP planning as per the indicator maintained in VB13.

Thanks & Regards

Ilango