cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query OS07N in virtualized environments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick question guys. I have asked our OS team but thought would ask our SAP Experts as well.

Ours in a virtualized environment in Solaris Zones.  If I see OS07n, it does reflect and show Virtualization configuration in the main menu.

How do I know if the CPU and Memory figures shown in OS07N are indeed applicable only for the current zone where I have my ECC installed or does it apply for the entire zone where I have other SAP applications installed on other Zones on the same physical hardware.  I have asked per zone restriction information internally however even if I have that information, I want to differentiate for myself. I checked SAP Note 1246022 - Point 2 b.   It does state that if the the configuration has  imposed restriction(CPU restriction) for a zone, all I will see from OS07N is whatever limit applicable for that zone....i..e if I see 6 CPU's, all 6 CPU's are available for the application in the current zone which makes monitoring easier.   The same point(point 2b of SAP Note 1246022) states that if configured otherwise, I will see all CPU's available i...e these will be shared across the zones and this makes monitoring a bit tougher in terms of keeping tabls on where the load is coming from.   Am I interpreting this correctly.

Also,the note doesn't have any information on memory. Does this mean Memory restrictions are not possible in Zones or does OS07n cannot show this information at this point in time. Can any one comment.

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From your query, I could make out 2 questions.  I have listed them and replied to it.

1. Whether OS07N shows CPU info  from all zone or only for local assigned zone ?

Reply : It shows both.

In 0S07, you will have 2 Monitoring Category

a. CPU : This will show the CPUs shared across virtual partitions.

b. CPU Visualization host: This will show the local virtual partition. .

2. Does memory in 0S07n is for local zone or shared by all zones.

Reply : As I understand the OS07,  it shows the complete memory available in the server and does not restricts to the local partition.

Please check and provide feedback

Regards,

Mudasir.