cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required : Android Application using BO Webservices SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to Android as well as to BO world. I am trying to develop an android application (android 3.1) to connect to BO 3.1 through webservices and retrieve the necessary information on reports and servers as available in the http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Java+Web+Services+SDK+Samples

I have included all the webservices jars which are available as part of installation of BO 3.1.

I am facing issue when I try to run the android application. I have attached the error here.

While googling i was able to understand that the core jar files incorporated files available as part of android SDK clashes with the packages available in the BO Webservices jar files and we will be getting the below error when trying to include webservices jar. For example: It allows dsws-common.jar to get added to apk file and i am able to establish connection. But when i tried to add dsws-session.jar, i get the below error.

[2013-02-05 16:57:28 - Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/businessobjects/dsws/DSWSException$1;

[2013-02-05 16:57:28 - BOAndroidApp] Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/businessobjects/dsws/DSWSException$1;

Please help me to understand whether this is right approach to use BO webservices in android and how to proceed further.

Please let me know if i haven't made my question clearly.

Thanks in advance.

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Do you have any luck in connecting to BO with web services from android because i am also trying to connect and looking for some help.

Thanks,

Krishna.