cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One user has Error 500 Internal Server Error when trying to connect to the UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have a little problem with just one user.

If he tries to login to IDM he gets a 500 Internal Server Error when trying to connect to the IDM User Interface from his computer. If he tries to connect while logged in to my computer then it works. Also if I log in to his computer and try and connect to the UI it also works.

So I have concluded it is a setting in his profile. Just to check I also installed Firefox and tried to connect through that. It produces the same error. So it is not an ie specific setting.

Has any one come across this or at least got a clue where to look?

I already tried disabling the windows firewall. I realise that if I rename his profile and he logs on again thus creating a new one tha tthes will finally work but that is not the way forward.

With every other java app it works just idm not.

Thanks for your thoughts:-)

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

you can increase the com.sap.idm.jmx trace location trace level to debug and reproduce the issue and you should get some more error information in the AS Java default trace. It could either be a ume or idm issue but the trace may shed more light on the cause.

Thanks,

Chris

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard,

Which profile are you referring to?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Sorry could be clearer...

Basically I have deduced that the IDM User Interface which is running over http has a script or some other requirement that is being blocked by his Windows profile om his local machine. Therefore this is not a "showstopper" as for testing purposes he now has a second computer he can use.

The only point is there is clearly some configuration that is set on his computer in his Windows profile that is stopping him connecting to the IDM user interface. This might well happen again unless I know what that attribute or parameter is. I have checked all of the things I can think of off the top of my head and obviously have the corrupt profile as a possibility. I though of blocking on the IP level but this cannot be the case and is easy to follow. The connection to the Java server is being made but it is not being executed on his browser. If I install Firefox it is exactly the same as IE, If I install Chrome it produces a html reply but does not display the login box.

Basically I am baffled but if you have never seen it or have no clue it is not a problem. If it keeps happening then obviously it will become one, but for now it is a lone instance.

Thanks

Richard

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard, I have never seen anything like this before.  If it is a lone instance, I would just recreate the Windows profile.

Matt