cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGING OF UOM IN PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our planning area we are having 10 key figures and unit of measurement as EA  now i want to change 2 key figures  uom as liters how can u change this can u pls in steps in doing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

First you'll need to understand all planning data is saved with planning area UOM, so no matter what UOM you use, you must make sure it is convertible with the planning area UOM.

In planning area definition, there's a column which is "UOM from product master" for each key figure. If you mark it, the planning data will be displayed in prodcut's base UOM in the case when loaded product is unique. If you do not mark it, or you load data form multiple products, data will be displayed in planning area UOM. You cannot have other UOM set in planning area definition (an expection is unitless key figure).

You also have the chance to display data in other UOM in interactive planning by:

1)Set User Settings.

2)Right click on the left upper corner of the PB and choose "Unit of Measure".

But this is only for display purpose. Data save in liveCache will always be in planning area UOM.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir  You told that In planning area definition, there's a column which is "UOM from product master" for each key figure. you mark it can u show me with screens that is very help to understand and perform   k kalyan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, refer to the UOM field.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir  iam

unable to fine  UOM feild in my key figure settings screen

to get uom feild  what is have to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kalyan,

I think you are checking at wrong place.

Instead please try /sapapo/msdp_admin

select your planning area and right click and click on Chnage

Now go to Keyfig tab.

Click on details button (As mentioned in screen shot)  and you will come to same screen as mentioned by Ada.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, this setting cannot be changed by functionality "Change key figure settings". You have to set it in planning area settings in /sapapo/msdp_admin directly. If the PA is initialized, you'll need to de-initialize it first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir  Now i got how to change uom in PB by doing conversion in material master and then setting in planning book i can change uom but while changing it was changing and when i re-opening the planning book it is showing same as before not changed uom  in planning book as many kf iam having all key figures was changing but not specific kf how to do if i want specific KF to change , in same pb 10 key figures are there i want change only 2 key how

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, please configure it in user-settings of the planning book.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kalyan,

Please go through the below thread this would help you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/558825

Regards,

Anurag