cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of project versions for a SINGLE project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

My requirement is to delete project versions (around 400) for a project X. When I try to delete them via CN41/CNS41, I am able to delete, but the issue is – If  I delete a project version (say 001 of project X) then it will also delete the other projects in which this version is maintained. For example, say, if project version 001 is maintained in 50 projects then CN41 will delete the version 001 for all 50 projects. But, my wish is to delete 001 for project X only.

Hence, please let me know, is there any t-code or note, which will only delete project versions for SINGLE project ONLY. Please let me know is there any way to handle this.

Thanks,

Sumanth 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Instead of using same version 001 for all 50 projects, you can try to create 400 Project versions for Project ( say X) like X-1,X-2,X-3.....X-400 etc in transaction CN72. You can create respective version key  like X-1,X-2,X-3..X-400 etc when creating Project version in CN72

You can try to delete these Project versions in CN41 individually by using respective Version keys..

This way it will not affect other projects.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, that could be a clever idea, but the thing is the version 001 is already being maintained in the system long back in 2009 and had been used in more than 50 projects already. Hence, if I try to delete 001, then it would delete same version for all more than 50 projects.

Is there any other option to tackle this.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

I have tried but could not find any means by which deletion of project version 001 for one project only.

Let us wait for experts to comment.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

I would also suggest you to go through SAP Note 160884 - Report for the deletion of project versions.

Solution mentioned in this note says

To delete the project versions, execute the ZVERSDEL program for these project versions with the specified version number.Note that this program will delete all project versions with the specified version number. Also, only execute this report after contacting the Regional Support or the Development Support!

Take help of ABAPer and see if you can try this in test system.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I guess the solution holds good only for status dependent versions. I believe this thread talks about time dependent versions. Sumanth, correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I just checked extract of solution mentioned in SAP note and observed below point.

ZVERSDEL deletes time-dependent, status-dependent and simulation versions for different projects, WBS elements or networks immediately and beyond the point of recovery.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

All the versions were created automatically and all are status dependent versions.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar /Gokul,

I have gone through the note, I guess, this would again delete all the versions of the key irrespective of projects. Not very sure.

Do you have any idea on note 382633.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

I have just checked Note 382633 and observed that this note is for deletion of individual projects/networks in time dependent versions. And as you stated all versions are status dependent versions as they are created automatically.

It would be better if you can raise this issue to SAP.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have already raised this issue with SAP team.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

You are right. Thanks for that.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

No problem... Thanks again for pointing out.

Regards

Tushar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

It would have been wise if you had maintained a proper nomenclature when you created project versions.

Anyway, have you tried using CN41N for deleting project versions? If not, please do so. Run CN41N, enter the project number for which you want to delete the project version, click Edit-Delete Project Version and then enter all the details and proceed further.

By the way, are you sure all the project versions with name 001 get deleted when you run the deletion for , say a single project?

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Since we are using very old version SAP, we dont have the option of using the t-code CN41N. Hence, I used CN41/CNS41.

I am very much sure that, all the project versions with name 001 will be deleted even if I run it for SINGLE project. I have tried this is development system.

Is there any other way/t-code by which we can handle this.

Thanks,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

All i would suggest now is to keep an eye on the forum and also raise a query with SAP. Hopefully they should be able to address your query in an effective manner.

Please raise an OSS message with SAP.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure..

Thanks - Gokul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

As per SAP note 160884 -Report for the deletion of project versions which states clearly that the correction program either ZVERSDEL will delete the all the version which are having name with XXX or YYY and it will never select the individual project wise.

ZVERSDEL will delete all the status depenedent, version depenedent and simulation dependent versions all the projects which are having the version XXX or YYY whatever the way you maintained nomenclature in your system.

Please update the forum.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Sure... Once I get response /solution from SAP. I will update the forum.

Thanks,

Sumanth