cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check indicator in putaway strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The storage type 002 is SUT active and we want to change the put away strategy as "I" (addition to existing stock) from  “l” (Next empty bin) and also activate the mix storage .But as its SUT is active and also strategy is changed to I we also need to update the Capacity check method. Basically we want the weight maintained in palletization data in material master to be considered while put away.

Hence what is the indicator we need to update. As we tried with Capacity check method indicator  1 (Check according to maximum weight)  and 2(Check based on palletization accord. to SUT 1) both but system is placing the stock in next empty bin instead of partial open bins.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

We have mixed storage indicator as X currently and not the 3.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mixed storage is in general not allowed, but 3 is the allowed exception.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

We have only below options for the mixed storage.hence which indicator refers to 3.

A- Several homogeneous storage units per bin

B-Several batches per bin and pallet (only SU bulk storage)

C-Several batches per bin (only SU bulk storage)

P-One mixed storage unit per bin

X -Mixed storage without limitation

secondly we want put away strategy configured as addition to existing stock than mixed storage will be allowed.So as we can use the partial filled bins for putaway.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My docu link was from eWM,

the docu for standard WM is even more clear on that:

it says:

• Leave the Mixed storage field blank. Mixed storage is not allowed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/c6/f8449d4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.