cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate Sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

I am working on a scenario where my SAP-PI 7.3 dual stack make a connection with external landscape SAP-PI 7.1. I have certain doubts ringing

on my mind

1.I decided to use SOAP receiver adapter, transport protocol as HTTP and message protocol as SOAP 1.1. Is this fine??

2.Since we are communicating with an external landscape SAP-PI using certificate handshaking ,

can any one describe what are the steps involved in it to share each other certificate?

Regards

Alice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

.I decided to use SOAP receiver adapter, transport protocol as HTTP and message protocol as SOAP 1.1. Is this fine??

Ya it's good to use SOAP for that.

2.Since we are communicating with an external landscape SAP-PI using certificate handshaking ,

can any one describe what are the steps involved in it to share each other certificate?

check below link for that

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0650f56-7587-2910-7c99-e1b6ffbe4...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gagandeep,

Ur inputs were valuable to finalizing the conclusion.I just want to ask 1 more query before I close this thread.

Does the Self signed certificate generated by SAP-PI system will enough to share it with an external landscape SAP-PI system?

Waiting for your update.

Regards

Alice

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alice,

1/ If you want to make a connection between 2 SAP-PI, why don't you use XI adapter ?

2/ Each of you has a certificate, a certificate is composed of public and private part. You have to exchange public part and keep the private one.

When connection is establishing, each partner send his public key, and check if public key received is already knows, if yes, connection is established, otherwise partner are not trusted and connection refused

Implentation depends of adapter you choose

Regards,

Guislain