cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saphostcontrol returns hostname instead of fqdn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a solman 7.1 sps7. For my clustered systems I installed agents on the fly.

For this the diagagent connects to the webservice of the saphostcontrol to gather the available hostnames on this host.

The diagagent returns the hostnames to the solman system

It only returns the hostname and not the fqdn.

These are the hosts returned.

C:\Program Files\SAP\hostctrl\exe>"C:\Program Files\SAP\hostctrl\exe\saphostctrl

.exe"  -function GetComputerSystem

CreationClassName , String , ITSAMComputerSystem

Name , String , SERVER1

Hostnames , String[] sep=; , server1;SAPS85;sapsqls85;SERVER1.domain.com;SERVER1.domain.com;SERVER1.domain.com;

IPAdresses , String[] sep=; , 10.10.10.10;10.10.10.9;168.1.2.3;10.13.12.11;169.4.11.1;127.0.0.1;

This host has the solman system, database and some clusterips.

I do not want to set the fqdn in the hosts file. I want it to be correctly being returned from dns.

so, nslookup should return the fqdn

nslookup 10.10.10.10

server1.domain.com

So thats not where the issue is, I think.

saphostagent is 7.20 64bit patch 127

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you enter the fqdn in the sld, read data from sld, the fqdn gets entered at the hosts section, but once the diagagent sends its data, the fqdn gets deleted again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you maintained the FQDN in LMDB, while you add the system details. If not please specify there and check, These are considered as Out of discovery, where the data nt frm smd

check here Note 1626853 - SolutionManager7.1 - Outside Discovery FQDN Customization

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, this helped me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S.,

Did you check the guide attached to note 1611483?

That should help you!

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your response

That note contains a pdf with 3 possible solutions, of which 1 isnt a solution.

the 2 solutions are entering the fqdn in the default.pfl or entering the fqdn in the hosts file

for my sap systems the fqdn is entered, but that didnt make a difference

I dont want to enter the fqdn in the hosts file, we have a good dns so this isnt a proper option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might not be what you want, but it does work....

I was struggling with the same issue, altering the hosts file and restarting the agent did the trick for me.