cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Deployment issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a deployment issue that stops all my work. Please help me!

The problem is the following:

I developed an application via Visual Studio 2010 and crystal reports 13.0.2(x86) (single click installation package) on my x86 machine. everything works good.

I wanted to deploy the application to the QA server in order to test it. The Server has x64 processor. I downloaded the crystal report package 13.0.2(x64) and installed it. Here the problems begun. I don't know why but all the installed libraries have processor architecture "AMD64". That's why the libraries couldn't be found by the application in GAC.

I've found couple of topics that discribe simmilar problem and the solution was to find a Product.xml file in the Bootstrap folder and comment out 'ByPassIf' section which contains a "AMD64" value. First of all I didn't have neither the folder nor a file. Even after copying them from my work machine and commenting out sections specified above it didn't bring me any results.

Just to mention my QA server doesn't have a Visual Studio 2010 installed but I don't think that this is a reason.

Hoping for your advise.

Thank you,

Vladimir.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've found a reason. The solution is increadibly simple. Here it is:

The application pool under IIS was set up to run 32 bit applications. As far as I installed 64 bit Crystal Report package the IIS couldn't find 32 bit libraries.

When I changed App Pool configuration it started working. It doesn't metter if the libraries are installed with 'AMD64' processor architecture.

Hope this will help someone to save some time.

Thank you!

Answers (0)