cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How: SAP NW 7.3 double stack system copy of large system ?

hinrich_benitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have got a 7000 GB SAP NW 7.3 BW system as a double stack system. The system was build as a double stack years ago and was updated till today so the double stack still exists in NW 7.3.

Now, we want to do a copy of the system to a non productive test system that has to be installed. As I understand the documentation and the notes:

http://service.sap.com/bestpractices

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/886102

It is possible to copy the DB with Split / Mirror technology on SAN level and to copy the Java part via sapinst export and import as described in phase 4. Unfortunately there is no copy option for the java central instance within sapinst / software provisioning manager of release 7.3 (the ""central instance export" under "System Copy", "Oracle", "Source System Export", "High-Availybility System", "Based on AS ABAP and AS Java" is missing)

- We don't want to export / import 7.000 GB

- The split of the double stack is not an option now (sure it has to be done, but not for this case)

Any idea to solve this problem ?

Kind regards, Hinrich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to run it on my system and this option is available. Please check attached screenshot.

I have used SWPM version 1.0 SP01.

Thanks

Sunny

hinrich_benitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

yes, an export ist still available but this export consists of both parts of the double stack system (ABAP + Java). This would take much to long time for a 7000 GB database.

In communication with SAP the copy procedure of a NW 7.3 double stack system is done without export of any Java data from the source system. So there is no need for a export option for the Java part of the double stack. The Java DB parts are copied like the ABAP part is copied through ORACLE specific copy procedure.

Kind regards, Hinrich

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the version of Software provisioning manager?

Thanks

Sunny

hinrich_benitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are on SWPM 1.0 SP01_3...

Kind regards, Hinrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know it is not possible to just restore the ABAP DB and use export and import for JAVA part.

Reason is as you said, you can't take export of JAVA part along as your system is ABAP + JAVA.

Even if you use separate java system copy to export for JAVA, during import  you MIGHT face errors like duplicate entries and so on.

So it is strongly suggested to take an export and import it again....

Try to do as much as optimizations possible and perform this.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal