cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about constraints in variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am working for the Swedish steel company and I am having trouble with a constraint. The constraint is reading a table containing one or more intervals of widths and thicknesses (of plates) for every key. I think the easiest way of explaining what I want to do is by writing a pseudo-constraint:

OBJECTS:

CLASS IS_A (300) CLASS WHERE

KEY = KEY;

ENTERED_WIDTH = ENTERED_WIDTH;

ENTERED_THICKNESS = ENTERED_THICKNESS.

RESTRICTIONS:

TABLE ZTABLE_001 (KEY_SINGLE = KEY,

WIDTH MINSINGLE < ENTERED_WIDTH,

WIDTH MAXSINGLE >= ENTERED_WIDTH,

THICKNESS_MIN_SINGLE < ENTERED_THICKNESS,

THICKNESS_MAX_SINGLE >= ENTERED_THICKNESS).

INFERENCES:

KEY.

By using the constraint above I would be able to restrict the allowed values of characteristic key depending on the entered width and thickness. Sadly enough the system does not allow this kind of constraints. I have solved it like the constraint below:

OBJECTS:

CLASS IS_A (300) CLASS WHERE

KEY = KEY;

THICKNESS_MIN = THICKNESS_MIN;

THICKNESS_MAX = THICKNESS_MAX;

WIDTH_MIN = WIDTH_MIN;

WIDTH_MAX = WIDTH_MAX;

ENTERED_WIDTH = ENTERED_WIDTH;

ENTERED_THICKNESS = ENTERED_THICKNESS.

RESTRICTIONS:

TABLE ZTABLE_001 (KEY_SINGLE = KEY,

THICKNESS_MIN_SINGLE = THICKNESS_MIN,

THICKNESS_MAX_SINGLE = THICKNESS_MAX,

WIDTH_MIN_SINGLE = WIDTH_MIN,

WIDTH_MAX_SINGLE = WIDTH_MAX),

ENTERED_WIDTH >= WIDTH_MIN,

ENTERED_WIDTH <= WIDTH_MAX,

ENTERED_THICKNESS >= THICKNESS_MIN,

ENTERED_THICKNESS <= THICKNESS_MAX.

INFERENCES:

KEY, THICKNESS_MIN, THICKNESS_MAX, WIDTH_MIN, WIDTH_MAX.

The main problem with this constraint is that I have to have THICKNESS_MIN, THICKNESS_MAX, WIDTH_MIN, WIDTH_MAX under the INFERENCES section although I am only interested in restricting the allowed values for characteristic key. If I remove them the constraint is not executed at all since THICKNESS_MIN, THICKNESS_MAX, WIDTH_MIN, WIDTH_MAX contains no values.

Now I am in a situation where I need to create many more constraints(maybe 20 - 30) with similar tables with intervals of width and thickness and since I use them in the INFERENCES section I have to create separate *_MIN AND *_MAX characteristics for every constraint.

Is there a way of creating variables that are not connected to characteristics in a constraint??? I only need temporary fields for the min and max values to be able to check the possible values for the key with one entered value of thickness and width.

Or is there a way of using “<” or “>” in the table call as I did in the pseudo-constraint???

I do not want to use intervals in the table since it is mapped to a dictionary table.

Best Regards / Tommy R Sogeti Sweden

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did your problem resolve. I am facing the similar issue. Kindly revert.

regards,

Stuti