cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Text & Usage Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have edited the catalog text in T-code QS41 and transported the TR from DEV to QAS client. Upon transporting I noticed that the text did not get transported. I had to type in the long text once again in the code in QAS client. Also, I had noticed that in the PRD client, the usage indicator was set whereas it is not so in the QAS & DEV clients (Screenshots given below for reference).

I want to know if I’ve missed any step(s) before I move the changes to my production system. Your advice & guidance in this regard will be appreciated.

DEV

QAS

PRD

The Status of the Code groups is ‘Released’.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody please give some suggestions?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

While moving the TR, long text will not be copied between the clients.

Refer the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1311595

Also based on the usage of the catalogs in any master or transaction data, that usage indicator will be applied to that catalog.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also you can check: http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=246646

Last post is maybe interesting for you.

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could also mean that you have used the this code wit catalog type D in PRD for say Selected set ,Notification catalog profile etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't get you. Are you saying that is wrong?

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, Sujit is saying that it might just be that this code you have created and transported is already in use in your PRD system. If that is wrong or not you have to judge. Might also be that the code had been existing before and then was deleted, but entries still were set in master data.

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Yes, this code was already created and was in use in PRD. There was a requirement to edit the catalog, which i did in DEV for the same code and moved to QAS.

Can u suggest a solution to my problem?