cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML query from file on PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

Can someone please tell me how can I call an XML file placed on my PC? For example, file path is C:\TestDir\Test.xml. What will be the syntax of the URL in MII XML Query?

And the second: Is it possible to call an XML file placed on other PC in our network? If so, what will the URL syntax?

I'm sorry if the questions are easy, but I've never tried to call an XML from PC, only from webserver.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

On MII Menu , Expand System Management and then click on 'System Properties'.

Here there is a setting called 'Default File Path' which has a default value  "MII"

Hence create a folder called MII in your C drive and then copy the xml file to this location.

Hence the url value in the XML loader would be something like this C:\\MII\\filename.xml

With this you should be able to load the xml file

You could also change the value of 'Default File Path' to the location of the xml file you are trying to load and even this would work.

Hope this answers the question.

Regards,

Yamini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vitaliy,

May I know the version of MII you are using?

Yes it is possible to access file system in MII. All web actions loaders have the ability to read the file from File System (Check MII help doc). For XML Query, you can use a XML Loader action block. The URL is C:\\TestDir\Test.xml if you are using your local system , and \\MACHINE_NAME\TestDir\Test.xml if you are using from a network system. If its a network system, make sure that you have access to the folder/file (Shared) . Also, you might need credentials. You can give the same in the XML Loader action block.

Once you have read the file, you can write it to a file in MII's Workbench's WEB folder. Use

WriteFile Action block and give the path as web://PROJECT_NAME/FILENAME.xml. This will save the file.

You could then use the same path and configure the XML Query. The XMLQuery doesnot take file-system URL as its source. However, you can use the web:// path and access the xmls in the workbench.

Regards

Tufale Ashai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tufale,

Thank you a lot for your reply!

We are using MII 12 SP04. I will try to implement the method you suggested and then will update the thread.

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tufale,

I've tried to make XML Query with the help of XML Loader action block using the URL syntax you suggested. Unfortunately, I always get an error "XMLProxy Error <path> (A file or a directory in the path name does not exist)"

The path listed in error message is on MII server, but I need to load XML from local PC (and a PC in the network).

Maybe, there is another URL syntax for that case?

Best Regards,

Vitaliy

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vitaly,

I tested this using XMLLoader action block on an MII 12.2.3 (Build 182) instance running on Windows 2008R2 and it works:

local file:  drive:\\path\\path2\\filename.ext (i.e., d:\\temp\\test.xml)

I think for a network share the format is \\\\pcname\\sharename\\path\\filename.ext

You have to escape the \ character in the path.

Regards Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Did anyone got solution for this question?

I am trying to do the same thing (loading an xml file from local system). But I am getting error as "XMLProxy Error: Access to file path <path> is not allowed."

I am testing this on MII 14.0

Please suggest possible solutions.

Regards,

Minakshi.