cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Opening & Closing Balance in RG1

former_member500186
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am facing a problem in updating Opening & Closing Balance in RG1.

My go Live date was 28th Jan'2013 and the initial stock was uploaded on 26th from 561 movement type.

I have executed RMA and IDH in J1i5 from 28th to 31st Jan. But the opening and closing balance is zero for this period. From 1st till 4th Feb the opening and closing balance is still coming Zero. The production started happening from 28th onwards so opening balance should show which is still coming zero??

For RMA i am using movement type 321(quality inspection to unrestricted after production)

for IDH i am using movement type 601(goods issue) and 602(goods reversal)

After checking SDN discussions it says to update the table J_2IRG1BAL manually. How do i do this and what do i tell the abaper?

It also says to check the following notes which i have checked and its not compatible with this version as i am assuming is the latest SAP version and these notes are not required in this version.

0000373001 Loose and packed materials in RG1 register

0000412864 User exit for RG23A/C and RG1 registers during J1I5

0000502792 Material Form updation error during J1I5

0000950976 Country Version India (CIN) Master note for MM FAQs

0000951955 CIN: General clarifications for RG1 goods

0001434100 RG1 - Daily Stock Account

Below is my SAP version details:-

Operating system     AIX

Platform ID          324

Database system      SYBASE

Component version    SAP ECC 6.0

Release              15.7.0.008

Am i missing some note or settings for this and how do i update this table J_2IRG1BAL plant wise for finished goods??

Please Help.

Regards,

Viresh.

SAP Practice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before excise go live, as a mandatory step, we need to do table entry for updating tables for present materials which are suppose to be used in RG1 report extraction. If you dont follow this step, opening balance will be zero ultimately resulting in wrong calculations and wrong closing balance, To do this you need to update table J_2RG1BAL using SE16n  or SE11,click on + sign ( Insert row ) and maintain excise group ,date ,material ,From (P- packed),plant and opening qty.

note 1673612 is quite helpful for you.

Hope you understood the logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls follow the steps as in note 1673612.

Pls READ through the note FULLY for all details.

Regards,

Rajasree

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion moved. Please use Internationalization and Unicode instead of SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) for CIN related queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Viresh,

Please check the table J_1IRG1 and see your movement type and RMA and IDH updated or not in table or not.

Regards

DevD

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you update(J1I5) and extract register(J2I5) ,it will update the table J_1IGR1 with movement type and classification code.Check with your abaper whether he included this table in RG1 Report or not.If not then give him logic to add manufacturing qty with movement type 321 and issue qty 601.

Logic :-

opening qty + manuf qty - issue qty= closing qty and todays closing qty is next day opening qty.

Regards

DevD

former_member500186
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Dev,

Yes the table J_1IRG1 is showing values for movement type 561 & 321 in RMA and movement types 601 in IDH.

Regards,

Viresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give logic to abaper that 561 and 321 pick from table J_1IRG1 as a manufacture qty and 601 is for issue qty.For example at the time of go-live if balance material is there then you need to maintain that material in table J_1IRG1BAL manually  in field OP_FINISH and tell abaper to add this field for opening balance in report.

and tell abaper to add above mentioned logic :- todays closing balance is next day opening balance.

Regards

DevD

former_member500186
Discoverer
0 Kudos

how do i update this table J_2IRG1BAL plant wise using se16n??

Regards,

Viresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use se11 and se16n also ,in SE16N give table J_1IRG1BAL and execute ,once you enter inside the table there is + sign ( Insert row ) click on that and maintain give excise group ,date ,material ,From (P- packed),plant and opening qty.also you can use SE11 .

Regards

DevD

former_member500186
Discoverer
0 Kudos

it says table J_1IRG1BAL does not exist. Can u confirm if its J_1IRG1BAL or J_2IRG1BAL??

Regards,

Viresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry by mistake i mentioned J_1IRG1BAL .Correct table is J_2RG1BAL .

Regards

Devd