cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert “ABAP System not available” too sensitive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way in SolMan 7.1 to change the sensitivity of the availability alert “ABAP System not available”? We get an alert periodically if the RFC check from SolMan to ECC system doesn’t work in 15 seconds. It seems this could be caused by intermittent network issues. I understand the correct answer is to fix the network but that’s not proven to be the problem yet.

Can we change the time to 30 seconds?

Alternatively can we change it to only alert after three tries or something like that?

Thanks for any tips,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change the thresholds for all metrics in solution manager 7.1 by using custom templates,

follow the guide

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup+System+Monitoring+and+Alerting....

Page no 29

you can change the red treshold to 30 sec instead, so system wont react until 30 sec pass.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,
For performance metrics there is a thresshold but not on the availability ones. So I couldn't find a way to change the failure period from 15 seconds but what I did find is that I could change the "Already Rated" to "Already Rated (Best Rating of last N measurements)". This way it shouldn't alert unless it fails three times....I hope.

Already Rated:
This threshold type is used when a metric is rated (Green, Yellow, Red or Grey) by the Data Collector. There are no parameters that have to be maintained for this threshold type.

Already Rated (Best Rating of last N measurements):
This threshold type is used when a metric is rated (Green, Yellow, Red or Grey) by the Data Collector. Specify the number of measurements to be considered by the Data Collector.

I'm going to call this resolved, thanks,

David

Answers (0)