cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superior characteristic "****" of characteristic "****" has to be restricted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

When i try to select the characteristics ZSALESREP (has compounded objects) in interactive planning book of DP , im encountering the below error message

"Superior characteristic 0DIVISION of characteristic ZSALESREP has to be restricted"

"Error reading data - Planning book cannot be processed further"

ZSALESREP is compunded with four info objects namely 0SALESORG,0DIVISION,0DISTR_CHAN,ZCUSTSALE.

Though i could see a similar thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1919578 but i dont find any solution for this.

Does anyone faced this situation and could you pls share your thoughts on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks , Any help on this would be highly appreciated...

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you include the 4 infoobjects in your selection? This should solve your problem.

Thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James , Yes i tried this before and im able to load the data to planning book by including  compounded info objects(sales org,division,dist channel & customer sales) into the selection and do it successfully, however if i do not restrict the selection and do select at the header level then i been thrown with the same error message. Is there any way to avoid this ? else is it mandate to select the compounded info objects for applicable characteristics is the only way ?

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid so: the SELECT to the MPOS seems to require the complete info at the charact. level and your level is only well defined (for this query) if you include the add. charact. The work as internal keys.

Of course may be some other expert can prove me wrong.

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All, Any other suggestions on this?

Cheers

Ganesh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

I'm afraid there's no better solution here. You must pass the superior char. to the BW program for selection. To acheive this, you either include the superior chars in to the selection condition (select) or in the 'show' filed (group by). Otherwise, you'll anyway get the said error even the value of the superior chars is unique.

I have recently had a discussion with SAP developer regarding this issue, and the result is like above. Since compound chars are not well supported in APO DP scenario, we do not suggest users to use it unless necessary. Please refer to our online help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp01/helpdata/EN/09/127c3924095a24e10000000a114084/frameset.htm where clearly stated that compound chars is not recommended.

Sorry that there cannot be positive reply on this at this time.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada for your help suggestions on this, seems Compunded objects and not well supported for my scenario.

Closing this thread.