cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error with SAPGUI 7.30

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting an installation error when using the SAP front-end installer that states:

The SAP Installer cannot replace file C:\Program Files\SAP Shared\BW\wdbz.ocx as it is in use. It is highly recommended that you end regsvr32.exe to avoid a reboot.

This error is occurring when we don't have an older SAPGUI installed. It happens on some of our PCs and not on others. All services have been stopped on the system so there is no saplogon.exe running.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connie,

Two others areas to insure are updated include installing BIi Add-On Patch Level 201 and update SAPSeup.exe to Patch Level 27.  Making sure the SAP GUI 7.30 image is updated with these could preclude some registration issues.  I could not tell from your orginal post what versions you were installing.

BI Add-On patch 201

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up taking off the switch at the end of the .exe file which seemed to fix the problem. We were trying to install it using the silent mode switch.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ms Baldon,

I advise you to go to subject file "wdbz.ocx" at the location "C:\Program files\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW" and delete it before running installation.

thanks

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ms Baldon,

It looks from the screenshot, that you have regsvr32.exe in use at the time you are

installing the SAPGUI.

Ensure this is not in use by checking taskmgr.exe and under 'Processes' ensure that this

regsvr32 is not running.

Then start the installation again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This computer doesn't have the SAPGUI installed at all on the machine. We checked the task manager also but there is nothing running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connie,

I see from your screen shot that you have Microsoft Office products running.  Please close them, especially Excel.  If you had a previous installtion of SAP GUI 7.20 with the BI Add-On component it has hooks into Excel as an Add-On.

Take a looko at SAP Note 1319895 regarding wdbz.ocx file locations.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dan Mead