cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Archiving of synchronous messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in my project where critical information needs to be stored in PI ( in the form of XML) for 2 years and then messages will be archived. This archieved messages will be held for 7 years in the IXOS/Open text.

Now, the tricky bit is Archival of messages as my interfaces are sync and as per SAP design, sync messages can only be deleted and not archived.

Can someone please let me know if this can be achieved by any means or does it look completely unrealistic?

Appreciate your response!

Thanks,

Pratibha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Unfortunately Successful Synchronous messages can not be Archived, only can be deleted.

Please check Note: 872388

"Per default only asynchronous messages (EO and EOIO) will be persisted on the ABAP and Java side. Synchronous messages (Best Effort) will only be persisted if an error occurs during processing or if the parameter LOGGING_SYNC (ABAP only) is set. Setting LOGGING_SYNC is not recommended to reduce processing overhead. Note: Also on applications systems

connected to XI via ABAP proxies the messages will get persisted and archiving/deletion has to be configured. Performance data on the other hand are persisted for both, synchronous and asynchronous, messages (tables SXMSPFRAWH)."

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pratibha,

Nabebdu said it rightly.

EO or EOIO can be archived and deleted. Whereas BE can be deleted only.

Also have a look at below links for future reference.

# PI Archiving Conceptual Overview

PI Archiving Conceptual Overview

# Performance tips on Archiving and Deletion

Performance tips on Archiving and Deletion

Regards,

Sunil