cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Creating Portfolio, Resource Pools etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to create a portfolio on PPM 5.0 SP09. This is new installation and I am guessing some of the basis activities may not have been done. Appreciate if anybody out there has a solution to this. In addition to the "create portfolio" function, I am also getting the same error when trying to create a resource pool.

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lashan

Have you been able to resolve this issue? We are also experiencing this issue at one of our clients?

Thanks

Chatsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth, yes we did eventually resolve this. Unfortunately it was handled by basis and I don't know exactly what was done. It believe it was something to do with everything not being copied from client 000 after PPM was installed.

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

Can you please check with your basis team and let me know how he handled this error. I am also getting the similar error.

Regards,
Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

Not sure if you got this working, but I just had a thought - are your dashboards set up properly? Perhaps the application is not embedded correctly in the launchpad?

Check tcode LPD_CUST, and ensure the "SAVE" ('Portfolio Create Save') launchpad exists and is active with configuration.  Then see if navigation settings are correct (SPRO - search for "Navigation Settings", Portfolio Management).

It could be possible that the applications you are trying to access are not embedded or enabled in the target iViews.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for your suggestion. We eventually did resolve this and it turned out to be a basis issue. Launchpad customizing was fine. I was using standard SAP for everything.

Thanks,

Lashan

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lashan,

Really it is very dificult for us to help with your issue, a lot fo things can be wrong with the message.

For porfolio creation you can also create it in the backend --> Transaction RPM_DX_PORTFOLIO, select XLS and dowload the template you need to complete. Only it is needed you enter :

External ID ( this is free)

Portfolio Type  ( defined in customizing)

Status ( the code)

If it is correctly created you can display it and check if now you can create the hierarchy ( Buckets)

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Sara. Yes, I understand that this is a tricky one , we've been struggling with this for awhile so was hoping someone here would have some insight. Basis team will create an OSS and we'll take it from there.