SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest Calculations Cut-over date in SAP FICA: Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interest Calculations Cut-over date in SAP FICA: Conversion

What will be best possible way to bring the interest history for cutover date? Do I need to convert (populate) the data into DFKKIA (Interest supplement) and DFKKIH (Interest history) or is there any better way to manage this.

I would appreciate if someone could share their experience.

Thank you,

Chinna Katireddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chinna:

The due date of the item controls the interest calculation.  For migrated items - typically the due date converted would be the date for last interest calculation and the expectation would be that you calculate and post the interest prior to conversion so that we can start fresh in SAP.  Otherwise, you would need to develop an enhancement for event 2090 where you could adjust the dates used by the interest function.

I would definitely not migrate any interest history.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

It depends on your Business requirement, as to how you want to deal with the converted interest documents.

As per the standard functionality in SAP, if you are calculating an interest on an open item and posting an interest document, you can check in the interest supplement of the interest document as to what has been calculated for which document for what period along with the interest rate.

If you want this functionality for migrated item as well,then you need to populate the interest tables.

Another requirement will be with the Business reporting. Normally, if you query DFKKIA and DFKKIH, you can list the interest documents along with the relevant details with ease. 

If you are not poplulating the migrated items in the interest tables. then you have to build a seperate report for these items by querying DFKKOP.

I would suggest you not to migrate the interest documents in the interest tables rather migrate them as normal FICA items with a unique combination of main\sub so that they can be uniquely identified and can be reported easily.

Its better that the interest tables are populated with the data that is getting generated in SAP rather than from migration.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan. I like your suggestion…I think I will follow that. So which field (or table) do I need to care to prevent the interest calculate for the period which was already calculated in legacy system?

Thank you in advance Amlan.

Thank you

Chinna Katireddy

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chinna:

The due date of the item controls the interest calculation.  For migrated items - typically the due date converted would be the date for last interest calculation and the expectation would be that you calculate and post the interest prior to conversion so that we can start fresh in SAP.  Otherwise, you would need to develop an enhancement for event 2090 where you could adjust the dates used by the interest function.

I would definitely not migrate any interest history.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thank you Bill. Please give me little more details based on my following scenario

For example:  the docs are in legacy as follows:

Doc #

Description

Net Due Date

Open Amount

Assessment

Jan 1st 2013

$10,000.00

Interest

Jan 31st 2013

$200.00

Cutover Migration date is Feb 28th 2013 and executed the interest before migration

Interest

Feb 28th 2013

$250.00

As per above scenario, I am bring all three open items into SAP.  Where do I store last calculated date (Feb 28th 2013) or indicator in order to calculate the interest from March 1st 2013 in SAP FICA world. It should not be calculating from Documents original net due dates.

Thank you in advance

Chinna

0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

You want to calculate the interest in SAP from the Cutover migration date isn't it?

So the best approach would be to migrate all the items as normal FI-CA Open Items in DFKKOP.

Now go to transaction Code OB83 and select the Reference interest rate and change the valid from date to the cutover migration date.

So, when you will be performing the first interest run in SAP, it will calculate and post interest for items starting from 28th Feb, till the interest run date.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thank you Amlan...it solved my issue by adding 0% interest rate to OB83 for the period before Cut-over date. I just tested ...its working once I added 0% interest rate to reference interest rate (OB83) for the period before Cut-over date. 

Thank you,

CK