cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Usage

syerazvi
Participant
0 Kudos

What is the difference between the combinations OR  NORM  FREE  TAN = TANN    and   OR  NORM   TAN = TANN.

The question is about the field USAGE. I know this is a hard coded program in SAP and can never be customized or changed so the question is when do we get to see this coming into play, we are getting the same results in both the above combinations. The result is that we are able to give a free item to customer. Can anyone provide an example or a simple exercise to perform to check where we can find that one difference between the above combinations. Where can we make out the difference.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Razvi,

suppose there is an Item which is priced to each customer but for few perticular customer it will be sold free (but not with any higher level Item) in such case system need Item Usage to determine specific Item category.

from your example:

OR  NORM  FREE  TAN = TANN  

and

OR  NORM              TAN = TANN  

in second case system will determine TANN, if it has TAN item category in higher lavel but suppose if there is a material wich doesn't have higher level item category than in that condition how system will determine Item category? say

OR  NORM                       = TANN  ?

for such situations Item usage will be maintain in CMIR and system will determine its Item category by usage type.

OR  NORM  FREE            = TANN  

thanks,

Sandeep Singh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep I have one Doubt  Which materials dont have item cat plz could you explain

but suppose if there is a material whiIch doesn't have higher level item category 

Thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Reddy,

Whenever a Material is free it is always with any other material and in that case it has a higher level item category in it. i given example that might be possible that there is no higher level item category is there in that case system determine the Item category from Item usage.

thanks,

Sandeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Usage means how the particular item is going to behave like free of goods or service or value item.

If u have any doubts let me know