Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to easily convert from P_ORGIN to P_ORGINCON?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if there's an easy way to convert all the P_ORGIN objects to P_ORGINCON without having to manually update each one?

Also, what would be the best way to compare the objects P_ORGIN and P_ORGINCON once I've done the copy, to make sure they are identical (except for the PROFL field)? I would like to make sure both objects are identical in each role, before I push them to Prod.

Thanks
Sophie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sophie,

There is no automated process for updating the roles with P_ORGINCON from P_ORGIN. All changes in Authorizations Tab has to be done manual. You can write a catt script or LSMW, but I think that will be more headache than doing it manually.

For comparing the values - dump the AGR_1251 data first for P_ORGIN and then for P_ORGINCON (minus PROFL field). Placed next to each other, these will actually match line to line, so one can simply eyeball them for any discrepancy. Point to be careful about is the roles where P_ORGIN is splitting into more than 1 entry when updating for P_ORGINCON. For more precise comparison, one can replace P_ORGIN with P_ORGINCON in the excel and use nested vlookup & if comparisons.

Regards,

Shivraj

5 REPLIES 5

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sophie,

There is no automated process for updating the roles with P_ORGINCON from P_ORGIN. All changes in Authorizations Tab has to be done manual. You can write a catt script or LSMW, but I think that will be more headache than doing it manually.

For comparing the values - dump the AGR_1251 data first for P_ORGIN and then for P_ORGINCON (minus PROFL field). Placed next to each other, these will actually match line to line, so one can simply eyeball them for any discrepancy. Point to be careful about is the roles where P_ORGIN is splitting into more than 1 entry when updating for P_ORGINCON. For more precise comparison, one can replace P_ORGIN with P_ORGINCON in the excel and use nested vlookup & if comparisons.

Regards,

Shivraj

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Shivraj,

I was hoping SAP had developed a tool to compare P_ORGIN and P_ORGINCON but I guess I'll have to update all my roles manually...

As for the report, that's exactly what I'll do.

Sophie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the PROFL values remain the same and are the roles intact before the conversion? (read only merge new is up to date).

Do you see a popup in PFCG about Su25 step 2A? Or do you take care of that for P_ORGINXX already?

Or are the auths manual instances for the HR roles? (also OK, but will determine how you approach this).

LSMW and eCATTs are crap. There are better ways if the roles which contain these objects are conceptually solid and maintainable - which you should do anyway.

You need to provide a bit more infos about the number of roles and the quality of them. Also how many PROFL do you have? Are you using any MMS exits for manager relations?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Julius but I'm happy with the answer from Shivraj.

Sophioe

0 Kudos

Sophie,

I don't think Julius is looking for points (in fact I know he is not), he is just offering a different view as there is always more than one way to do things in SAP!