Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Object for Parameter IDs in Transaction SU01

becksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

is there an authorization object available that can be used e.g. to restrict maintenance in SU01 for a special parameter id (e.g. UGR)?

What I found so far is that it might be possible with a transaction variant. But this is not the preferred way. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible with standard objects.

But SU01 for SAPGUI access is actually just one big fat function module and there is an implicit enhancement point at the start of all functions. So based on a check of your own you can set the screen or hide the tab or what ever you want.

That amounts to the same as a transaction variant in my books.

Users can anyway change their own PIDs.

Perhaps you can explain exactly why you want this and what the control requirement is?

Help desk? Users changing their own PIDs?

Sometimes there are also better transactions for the user to have access to: Su50? SU2?

Cheers,

Julius

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible with standard objects.

But SU01 for SAPGUI access is actually just one big fat function module and there is an implicit enhancement point at the start of all functions. So based on a check of your own you can set the screen or hide the tab or what ever you want.

That amounts to the same as a transaction variant in my books.

Users can anyway change their own PIDs.

Perhaps you can explain exactly why you want this and what the control requirement is?

Help desk? Users changing their own PIDs?

Sometimes there are also better transactions for the user to have access to: Su50? SU2?

Cheers,

Julius