cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of HCM data into IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I'm trying to modify the existing HCM data into IDM. Currently I have only passing Pesonal no,Position name and position-id.

However from HCM it is getting transfer successfully but unfortunately in IDM it is throwing errors.

Is there any standard functions or scripts to perform this job for modification.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have copied query LDAPEXTRACT604 for the extraction & completed rest of the steps as mentioned in configuration doc, while transfer of HR data RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM i have selected delta download moreover i can very well see the modified personal number in table HRLDAP_PERNR  ( without indicator check). Transfer of data is working fine from HCM.

In IDM , I have copied & rename write HCM task to Modify task ,disabled the attributes which arnt required.

1) For MSKEYVALUE copied global script calcID & tailored it.

This for clarification/Information what standard functions should be used. (to check I am on right track)

2) Changetype Modify

3) For ,MX_FS_POSITION_ID & MX_FS_POSITION  copied global script ImportTimeValue & tailored it.

This for clarification/Information what standard functions should be used. (to check I am on right track)

4) Added attribute MXREF_MX_ROLE  with custom script which will check the position against roles in custom table & doesnt necessary action.

Below , Is the error which i am receiving.

I am more curious to know from where system is posting  errror message "Entry doesnt exits " , MX_ENTRYTYPE = MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE , Hahsed Password & encrypted Password (when i have deactivated), MX_ENTRY_REFERENCE.

Moreover Firstly, I would also like to know prefix like {A},{D},{R} can used with all attributes or is it fixed to MXREF_MX_ROLE/PRIVILEGE.

Secondly, I would also like to know if MX_PERSON is modified automatically MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE entry type get modified , does i need to change explicitly.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at the I do see your Idstore is not defined please make that you are writing in the correct IdStore.

Thanks,

Joe.P

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the script that formats the MSKEYVALUE works? The error message says "updating entry 'undefined'". I would add more trace output with uErrMsg/uInfo to the script first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali

A few things

1. To find out where the error is being generated, comment out attributes (#) until you get the object through.

2. Entrytype should probably be MX_PERSON if you're writing to the primary ID Store.  As suggested you might have the wrong ID store selected.

3.  You can use the {A} etc prefixes for single attributes as well but they are not all relevant.  Check the online help.

4. There is no backward sync to HCM_EMPLOYEE by default.  You could add it but there's no reason to - it'll get overwritten by HCM during the next sync.  If you want it written back to HCM you'll need to add it as a respository to the primary ID store and update it from there.

Don't forget that, if adding a role by name to include <> around the name.

You might find that the entry type is the problem.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali

Can you also post the errors you're getting - it might be something easy to fix.

Peter

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

can you tell us a little more of what you have configured/run so far ? The HCM staging area job Write HCM Employee To SAP Master should take care of the transfer to the Identity Store. Generally follow the guide at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8397 -> Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: Configuration Guide where the HCM scenario is described. If you use the default LDAPEXTRACT604 query in the extract of data from the HCM system then there should not be many issues.

Thanks,

Chris

LDAPEXTRACT604