cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch BSP application from POWL workflow approval task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading to ECC6 EHP5 and in the course of that retiring the SAP Portal. To replace the UWL we have chosen the POWL.

We are using the workflow inbox for manager approval of personnel change requests (PCRs).

We have built our PCR forms using BSP technology on ECC5. And we are visualizing/launching the approval items via configuration in transaction QISRSCENARIO (especially the function module with the ABAP code to launch the PCR using CALL METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute with the url to the PCR) to and SWFVISU.

Now, under ECC6 we have configured the POWL following this guide http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31014 predominantly.

I have tried all three options:

a.OBJECTNAVIGATIONLAUNCHER – An Object Based Navigation is triggered
--> using the examples for MSS_WL, method NAVIGATE_FORM. Nothing is happening though when I try that. Am I missing where to embedd the visualiztion, like you would do in transaction SWFVISU if you were using the Portal UWL. I believe SWFVISU configuration does not apply when using the POWL. Where else do I do this instead?
I did notice that business object MSS_WL, whilst it exists in our system is not implemented and holds no code?

b.FUNCTIONMODULEHANDLER – A function module is called

I can debug into where the POWL feeder class processes my custom function module, but it fails to launch the PCRs url in a new window. I'm again using CALL METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute with the url to the PCR. It gives error code 1. and nothing happens (ie no window opens). Some issue with gui not suported or similar. It just doesn't seem to be a valid way of launching an application from the POWL?

c.LAUNCHPADACTIONHANDLER- Launchpad(lpd_cust) navigation

I only had a little play around with this so far, thinking that the first two options should really lead to the solution.

Please enlighten me how we can launch our BSP based PCR forms from POWL.

Grateful for any pointers!

Thanks!

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI - I ended up creation a custom ABAP WD application that wraps around the POWL application, with the first view having the POWL embedded, and the second view processing the POWL action and launching the BSP application based on the action and the work item.

See also this link for further information;

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/blog/2011/07/06/navigation-from-powl-to-wda-without-obj...

Cheers,

Philipp

Phani_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

can you please let me know how to open a work item from powl inbox . when the user clicks on item,nothing is happinging...

i followed function module approach but User is not getting the work item when he clicks on Work item from his POWL Inbox.

From the feeder class : CL_IBO_INBOX_FEEDER_WI

Method : EXECUTE_ACTION_WITH_PARAMS  of Class CL_IBO_CH_WD_INB_ACTHDL is getting called  .

Inside this method , FM(which we configure ) is getting called .

Inside that FM , I used another  FM( MENU_START_OBJECT_VIA_INDX) to call URL .

But URL(work item ) is not getting opened....

Can you please let me know whether did i go wrong somewhere .???

or how to open the work item when user clicks on it ???

Answers (0)