cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue recognition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I require help regarding revenue recognition. I have a scenario where customer pays part amount as advance payment, I have following doubts

1) If I configure revenue recognition at item category, what will be the effect in case of regular payment (non advance)

2) configuration steps for revenue recognition.

regards,

HB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe your perception regarding revenue recognition is not correct. You might need to refer and read SAP Help on the same. As revenue recognition, works on principle called accrual accounting. So, you need to Google with search term, "Revenue Recognition" for more information..

Don't ask or use forum for configuration steps or document.

Thanks, JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where customer pays part amount as advance payment, I have following doubts

Just search the forum with the text "Down Payment" so that you will get lot of documentation on this topic.  Take the inputs and try on your own.

configuration steps for revenue recognition

First and foremost part is you / Client have to get concurrence from SAP to configure. 

G. Lakshmipathi

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your first question is not clear and for second one please make some effort in Google. It is several times discussed in the forum.

One more thing how you are relating advance payment with Revenue determination.

Plz clarify.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Just for example you take Rs. 12000 as 12 months advance from customer in january. Now you want to recognise 1000 revenue every month. So my first query is that if I configure revenue recognition on document type and item category level, will that affect my normal transactions.

regards,

Himanshu