cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasers and purchasing group assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

Could you please let me know how to.assign purchsers to.a purchasing group in srm through organization structure. I know in ecc its done through  roles ans authorizations.

Thanks In.advance .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Purchasing groups relevant to P.org you can created under p.org orgnization unit via PPOMA_BBP.

Then assign the respective back end p.group via function tab.

You can find the snap shot for the same. If you have any specific criteria to assign back end p.group and don't want to assign back end p.grop in SRM Org.strucutre, then you can define your own criteria through BADI

BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI

BBP_PGRP_FIND

Explore bit more about above mentioned badi's to find relevance about business specific requirements.

Regarding assigning p.group to a shopping cart, it is a automatic process based on structure setup.

Basically, p.grop assignment can be controlled via product categories & responsible user org unit / user position (which is further level of control beyond product categories)

Find the snap shot regarding org.structure settings:

Regards,

Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Govardhan

I know these things here my question is how to assign purchasers to purchasing group.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In SRM there is no concept of assigning purchasers to P.group, what is your business case so that I can provide you how it will work.

In general, if you want to create a purchase order (without preceding shopping cart), then the person who wants to raise a PO should be under some purchasing group in SRM Org.structure.

Please let us know the requirement so that we can think how it can be achieved.

Regards,

Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Govardhan

Here a user creates a shopping cart. The P.grp and P. Org is determined based on the organizational and product responsibility. Then this SC is approved and should move on to purchasers work list (Purchaser should be informed about approved SC related to the P.grp). From Sourcing cockpit the Purchaser should access the shopping cart and create a follow on document (ECS).

We have 5 different purchasing organization and 8 purchasing groups. We need to restrict the purchasers  to a certain purchasing groups so they are allowed to create PO only for this groups. I dont want to implement a BADI. Is there any standard way of doing that.

Second, I want to link a Purchasing group to more than one purchasing organization is it possible.

Can you please help on this. Thanks in Advance.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh,

Santhosh S wrote:

(....)

We have 5 different purchasing organization and 8 purchasing groups. We need to restrict the purchasers  to a certain purchasing groups so they are allowed to create PO only for this groups. I dont want to implement a BADI. Is there any standard way of doing that.

(...)

For concerned Purchasing Groups, assign user's position (staff or purchaser assignments)

Santhosh S wrote:

(...)

Second, I want to link a Purchasing group to more than one purchasing organization is it possible.
(...)

No, in SRM standard, this is not possible.

Regards.

Laurent.