cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Inventory Process in EWM 9.0

0 Kudos

1.   This question is about Physical Inventory process in EWM. The system forces to write-off the difference between the Physical Inventory and Book Inventory then and there. The requirement of the customer is to push the quantity difference into DFA (Difference Analyzer) and then correct the Book Stock only at the end of the month. But their material planning run should regard the Actual Physical Inventory though the differences are not yet posted. Can you please suggest how to achieve this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ramki.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

question: what stock does the material planning run check? The EWM stock? If no, I would doubt that there is any way to achieve this requirement...

Brgds

Juergen

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I have a similar requirement:

For example:

A negative difference is identified and posted to the difference analyser.

But it may be some time before this is actually posted back to ERP (ie further / final checks......financial review etc)

Ideally this stock should not be available for ERP planning (including delivery creation)when it has been posted to the analyser.

How could this be achieved?  I was thinking maybe a change of stock type when it is posted to the difference analyser....and this stock type could be mapped to a 'blocked' ERP stock category???

Any thoughts / hints / tips appreciated.

Thanks

Guy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I should have put a smiley in my previous answer, because it was not really meant seriously.

My thoughts are that what you are trying to achive is not a good business practice (although I partially understand the reason for the requirement), my hint would be to try to solve such differences ASAP and I have not tip for you - there is no standard feature to fulfill this requirement.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying.

We had more or less arrived at the same conclusion....but I was checking all remaining avenues of investigation - SCN, SAP Notes, Google!!!

However we do feel that this is something that SAP should consider, so we are raising it through the Customer Influence initiative.

The whole concept around the difference analyser is that the user may take some time to 'analyse' the difference, - maybe a re-count, a count correction, blocking of the difference etc.  Its the final review before the stock is adjusted and the financials are affected......so its reasonable that it might take some time.  Yet throughout this whole time the stock is still available in ERP!

I guess SAP may say that it would cause too many queue entries if we were to update the stock category in ERP..............but lets see 🙂

Thanks again for responding.

Regards

Guy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I wrote, I understand the general request. But you have this issue whichever WM system you use (central WM, decentral WM or EWM) - if you find a difference there, you have to fix the stock situation.

If you post all these differences into blocked stock, you get a huge number of posting changes. What if you find during PI no material in the bin where it is supposed to be - but you find the material in another bin? What quantity should then go into blocked stock? The sum of it? Then you might run into a negative available stock in ERP, if the quantity in the bin is the only quantity you have. So this is something not very simple.

Brgds

Juergen