cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxdb autolog backup after specific time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I want to activate the autolog backup but with interval of one hour.In other words we need to create the logbackup after every one hour.

Any help in this regards.

Regards

Taimur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Taimur,

If you are SAP customer =>

Please see answer on the question 7. in SAP Note No. 1377148.

What is the version of your database?

Are you SAP customer?

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

yes we are SAP customer. and i checked the mentioned note.its very helpful for me.

As of SAP MaxDB Versions 7.5.00. 40 (PTS 1142630,1141721) and 7.6.02.01  (PTS 1142623), the DBM command autolog_on has been extended. As of these  versions, an additional time-controlled backup of the log area is also possible.

autolog_on [<medium>] [INTERVAL < interval>]

By default, the time control in the the time-controlled AUTOSAVE LOG is deactivated (INTERVAL=0). If you enter a value in seconds that is greater than zero, the log segments are saved to version files as soon as the time interval has expired. This happens independent of whether the log segment has already been completed. For the time-controlled AUTOSAVE LOG, the saved version files may differ in size. If a log segment is completed before the interval has expired, a log backup also occurs.

so we can set it on both database level and SAP DBA Planning calendar.

thanks for your support

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taimur,

Incase it is an SAP system Use the DBA Planning Calendar to perform log backups at specified time and interval.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

yes it SAP system and  i am now using DBA planning calendar for autolog backup on time intervals.

thanks for support.