cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development customizing work lose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We have lose of development ( Customizing work ) because of our ECC development server occured the problem after thar restore the DB backup of  last 2 month ,so that we have lose of 2 month customizing work of development server, but we have the latest backup of Cofile and Data directory, i request to you how to recover the lose of 2 month development via cofile and data file or any other solution to recover the customizing work.

Rebgards

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

The changes which has been released from Development system can be recovered by importing the TRs using STMS / Tp commands. However the change which were not released will be lost as all the objects would have been overwritten by old backup.

Regards,

Mudasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Our OS is Windows, please suggest accordingly.

I have only Cofile and Data file of Development server, so please suggest how to recover the development via these file, but all release request showing in production server.

Can i import again release request on development server?

Regards

Ashwani

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can import them again. Just add them to the queue for your development server, in STMS, and import as normal. You will likely need to tick the "import again" checkbox on the "options" tab of the import dialog.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the prompt support.

Please suggest on below query.

(1) How to find request creation date and release date?

(2) If Customizing request are not showing in Development server, Which i need to re import on development server ( As you know due to old Backup restore in Dev Server, but all request showing in production server),  what do in this situation  for development server.

Regrads

Ashwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

(1) How to find request creation date and release date?

A : Goto SE01 -> enter <request no.> -> Action log

(2) If Customizing request are not showing in Development server,

A : If you want to check the request details before it is imported in Dev system, then go to other system where it is available ( in your case - Production system ) then go to SE01 and check details.

Information on how to re-import into Dev system is already provided in last replies.

Regards,

Mudasir.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. The simplest way to find request release date is to look at the file creation date of the corresponding file in \usr\sap\trans\data. That file is created upon release of the change request and should not be changed afterwards. You could also look at the import history on the production server to see what was transported after the date of the backup.
  2. Once you know which requests you need, just go to the dev server import queue in STMS and add them via "Extras->Other requests->Add". Then when you've got them all added, import them. I would tick both "Import again" and "Overwrite originals" on the Other tab of the import dialog.

Steve.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any work that is on released change requests, you can re-import. Simply go to STMA and add the requests to you import queue of your development system and import them. You may need to tick the "overwrite originals" checkbox for development requests.

Changes are only exported into /usr/sap/trans when requests are released, though, so changes on unreleased requests won't be there. In that case I think you've lost them.

Steve.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Easiest way would be creating a script that adds all transports to the queue in the same order that they have been imported on your previous system (this history should still be available) and import all transports.

So if you're using a Unix based operating system, you could create a file that contains all your transport number, called input

Then enter:

for i in `cat input`

do tp addtobuffer $i <SID> client<nnn> pf=TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

done

After all transports have been added to the buffer, you can execute an import all, or create a script that subsequently imports all your transports.

Kind regards,

Mark