cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistencies in Posting table while posting Billing doc to Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue where the User has been trying to release a Cancellation of Credit Memo to Accounting using Billing date in the past month when Posting period is closed,He was getting a "Posting period XXXX not open" error,He had been adviced to update the Billing date to current date for which the posting period is open and try to release this to accounting,However while doing so he is getting an update termination error which shows "inconsistencies in Posting table".

We are using ver 4.7 where subsequent OSS notes cannot be applied,Would appreciate your feedback towards resollution of this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In VOFA, for the credit memo, in the group 'cancellation' I believe you are using a VOFM copying requirement. Am I right? I believe this error came from the typical subroutine to check if the copy happens or not. If I am right, what is the VOFM you are using?

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: sorry, I forgot it, check SAP Note 1259505 - FAQ: New cancellation procedure in SD and related notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I am trying to post to accounting a Cancelled Credit memo which was already created with refrence to a Credit memo whose Billing date was in the past period where posting period was closed.

While changing the Billing date to current date in VF02,I am getting this posting table inconsistency error while saving this Cancelled credit memo#

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Can you paste here the whole text you are getting in this error? What tables system is showing. Also did you consult this with your FI guy?

Thansk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

I am getting the following error message

"V2 030: Inconsistency in the posting tables for document XXXXX "while trying to change the Billing date of the Cancelled Credit memo to the current date and saving this doc.

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roshan

I have only some SAP Notes to give you in solution but as you said you cannot go for notes so I suggest you to post it in back date. Ask your FI guy to open period for this posting and then check.

Thanks'

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Why ,you did  change the Cancelled Credit Memo of Date into Currant Date ?

Why dont you want posting that Credit Memo amount into past date . Please open the past date in OB52 and MMPV and do the Credit memo and close that again Period .

Actually ,Outbound Delivery date is reflected in Credit memo .this is standard way .If you open Outbound Delivery  ,you can see OBD date and Credit Memo Date is same .

Note : Before doing ,please consult FI Consultant nad take advice .He can very help you .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

You have another option to change the Billing doc date  with respective of the VFP1 T.Code before note down the Number assignment in the Billing Doc Type and go to above t.Code and do but you have to create Transport Request for this .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Note : Dont worry ,In my first post is easy to post that amount when you open past period and do Credit memo and close that period .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naren,I consulted my FI Colleague ,he has adviced against opening closed periods as this would imact multiple batch jobs.

We have checked the ABAP end ,the issue is On subroutine PERFORM VBPA_BEARBEITEN from RV_INVOICE_POST, program passes value of xvbpa-vbeln to structure beleg, because of that beleg-id changes from '$' to 0 because xvbpa-vbeln already has a value,due which we are getting thisInconsistency in the posting tables for document XXXXX "while trying to change the Billing date of the Cancelled Credit memo to the current date and saving this doc. 

Is there any other way where we can post this Cancelled Credit memo?

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please see my 2nd Post ,I am sure ,this can help you .

1. Go to VOFA and Open your Billing Doc Type and note down assignment of Number Range External or Internal .

2. Go VFP1 T.Code and give Info and save it ( but you want create TR for this ).

3. Do Credit Memo in VF01 as above maintained Date .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Naren,I need to update the Billing date for a  allready created single Cancelled Credit memo# only,As per your suggestion after noting the number range for Billing doc type in VOFA,If I go VFP1 T.Code and give Info on number range and Billing date and move the TR to Prod,would I be able to update the Billing date single Cancelled Credit memo# only without affecting the other Cancelled credit memo's which have been allready posted to Accounting?

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan