cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help on PI sizing / upgrade

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,  We are currently using PI 7.10 and we have close to 150 interfaces with 4 BPM , few Java mappings. We have a plan of adding 50 more interfaces soon. Hence planning to do a sizing activity. I am using quick sizer tool to feed current load details and approx figures of future load.  Kindly assist if this approach is correct , any measures that i need to take care.  1) I am also looking if i can propose PI upgrade to PI 7.3 or PO to my client. We are currently experiencing a lot of less response time , performance is hampered  in current system. I see close to 100K messages per day with an average of 50 to 300 Kb / msg.  Will an upgrade can give a good through put with proper sizing, tuning, balancing tools ?  2) what strong features can be shown for clients to propose for upgrades ? I have seen blogs suggesting single stack , processing time reduction , good through put , reduce in TCO, hardware , maintenance and administration - what exactly does this mean ? this would help many beginners to understand concepts.  Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jari,

For Sizing & Performance Tuning activity, you are on right track utilizing quick sizer tool to feed current load details and approx figures of future load. 

You can follow below link for more analytic study.

SAP PI Sizing & Performance Tuning..

As far as your queries are concern, have a look at below link that strongly make a statement up on features of SAP PI 7.31, as its not a place to present our thesis. You might have been followed these links before, still for a thought have a glance again.

Also follow the link for decision making factors when moving to SAP PI 7.3

Decision Making Factors before moving for SAP PI 7.31...

Hope it helps.! & also wish u all the best for moving to SAP PI 7.31.!

Regards,

Sunil

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil for the inputs. Appreciate it..

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have one more query,  will upgrade to PI 7.3 increase the performance / response time / through put ?  Regards, Harsha

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jari,

To be honest, I don't have a real life benchmark results around performance of PI 7.31. We are in process to do that, most of the transition phases in business create a bottle neck on performance layer. We are there. We have recently installed with PI 7.31 in DEV box, will keep you updated for the same.

For time being, you can follow below link..

Java Stack Vs Dual Stack in Pi 7.3

Regards,

Sunil

Answers (0)