Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Assignment to Storage location

former_member324258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we have “storage location” managed only at inventory
level. We have stock at inventory and having Open Purchase Order and  Open sales order.

Now, we have decided that we well go for warehouse number assignment
for this “Inventory managed storage location”.

So, what steps should I followto make it possible?

(Please do not suggest that assignment of warehouse to
storage locaton)

Thank You,

AP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search always the documentation first.

Several alternative casese are mentioned in this document: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/es/dc/1939516e36d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

former_member324258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

The link has specified that  create new storage location and then assign it to Warhouse, transfer date to new storage location. It is also not specifying how to deal with Open PO and Open Sales order.

My query is, if existing storage location ( which has stock in IM) wants to assign to warehouse, will it possible?

Regards,

AP

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An existing PO and SO will not really have any affect. But an existing outbound delivery  certainly has, and needs to be cancelled or goods issued before you switch on the assignment.

Switching on the assignment will not create any stock itself in WM. Hence you have to load the stock.

in standard SAP you do the movement first in Im, which creates transfer request which is then converted into a TO to move the material from interim storage type to final bin.

when you switch on WM for an existing storage location, then you do not have such TR. and you do not have any stock in the interim storage type. if this interim storage type is customized to allow negative stock, then you can create stock by a movement from interim storage type to final bin, However you will create negative quants in the interim storage type.

Which would need to be deleted after the transition. This is not a compliant step, hence SAP gave the suggestions in the link I gave you earlier.

former_member324258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks. I was expecting the same.

But wasn't sure about IM manged storage location turning into WM managed.

Now, my douts are clarified.

Regards,

AP