cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to load Data rom PSA ( SAP BI) to the SPM Inbound layer in BI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how to upload data to SPM Inbound layer through UI. I have got the data loaded in the all the SPM datasources and all the SPM objects are installed ( cubes, inbound layer, dso , MP etc). All the objects are in active status in BW. But how do I trigger the load's from PSA to the Inbound layer. Please advise.

I have checked in the UI , data adminstration tab and do you have any document or steps to initiate the load from PSA to the Inbound layer of the SAP BI. Is there any FM to run or do we need to start the API load from the UI. What settings need to be maintained in UI to initiate the data loads?

Please suggest. We are struggling !!!

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

There is one program Z_UPLOAD_PSA using which you can load the data from PSA to Inbound layer. This is useful in case if you have some errors while validation and once you correct them you can push that request to inbound layer using the UPLOAD ID.

Check the note: 1524401.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to find the Z_UPLOAD_PSA program in BI. Please suggest me any alternative.

THanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

You can create the same Zprogram in your system and use it as it is.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we start the data load from SPM UI, the data gets extracted from ECC/source system, loaded into PSA and then moved into inbound layer. So why do we need a Z-report? There is no need of a Z-report to load this to inbound layer as long as data load is started in SPM UI.

And once the data is in inbound layer, releasing the load starts the process chain which will then move the data from inbound to detail and reporting layers.

Best regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

I found the program int ehe note. But I would like to start the data load's to PSA from the UI. Can u please suggest me any document or note for the same.

Cheers,

IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

SO you mean if we run this Z_UPLOAD_PSA program. It will pull the data from the ECC source system and then push it to the Inbound layer or only till PSA. I can run the infopackages and pull the data till PSA. But how do we push the program till the Inbound layer. Please suggest the approach from UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IA,

I think you are not able to see the Extractors in UI itself. May i know if you have the entry or system setup in Global settings and it should also have the Owner to be displayed else you can't get those entries as at least one owner should have been assigned to load the data.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 1737913.

Thanks,

Naveen