Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in adjusting WBS original budget

danny_loo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'll like to seek your advices on this issue from my user.

The user has a project that was created in year 2011 with the currency Swiss Franc(CHF).

Original budget was set for the project at 80,000.

In the drilldown cost report I saw this budget has already an actual cost of 6000 and no commitment is set for this budget.

Recently, the user decided to change this budget currency to Chinese Yuan(CNY).

So they go into the transaction CJ30 and set another 80,000 for CNY.

When the drilldown report is executed, there're now 2 sets of original budget, 1 in CHF and 1 in CNY.

Now the total overall budget is doubled at 160,000.

The report also shows that the CNY budget already has actual cost and commitment.

When i tried to remove the budget in CHF currency in CJ30, the system will prompt a series of errors like "WBS element exceeded", "WBS element almost exhausted".

Is there some ways i could clear the actual cost in the CHF currency so that i could clear the original budget in the CHF currency?

Thanks for any advice on this issue.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should reverse the actual posting in CHF and then try to remove budget values.

Regards,

Harsh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

danny_loo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've tried to switch off the availability control for the projetc but still the project refuse to save and still prompt errors of exceeded.

If i need to process with the reversal of the actual posting, can i ask where i can start finding and do the reversal so that the budget can be free up to be remove?

Thanks again for your contributions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Look for the accounting document to reverse using CJI3 report.

Regards.

danny_loo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh and Ja'far,

Thank you for your contributions.

I'll first try to deactivate the availability control to see if I could remove the budget values.

else the user have to do the reversal.

Thanks and i'll update my progress later.

Best Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

I think it is better for you to "Deactivate the Availability Control" (transaction code: CJBW) for that particular project temporarily, rather than clearing the actual cost.

Once you have deactivated the availability control, you will be able to remove the budget values.

Then you can "Reactivate the Availability Control (transaction code: CJBV) for the project later.

Regards,

Ja'far