cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus I am very new to SAP I need some help with MDM  Master Data Management. and Cransoft BackOffice Associate. Please tell me where to start and any helpfull material tutorial or videos to understand what MDM is and how it works with Backoffice associate BOA. pleaseeee helppppp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirza,

Although i have not worked on backoffice but from what i have understood about Cransoft BackOffice Associate is it appears to be supporting ERP with readily available data for easier data upload and migration into ERP systems.

Now considering BOA as a source for supplying data which is later being uploaded into SAP MDM, I will provide brief introduction on SAP MDM here .

For more detailed information you can always refer SAP MDM Reference Guides.

In short, maintainig master data in any organization has costed more and MDM provides exact flavour of Consolidating master data, Central maintenance and later harmonizing/exporting it to other remote systems.

Benefits : Most Significant benefits are realized through  consistent, accurate  available data

1.Information Technology

Reduced data cleansing cost

Reduced support for systems maintaining multi-source data

Reduced cost of fixing Issues

Consolidation of R/3 Instances

2.Business Intelligence

Enabling better decisions making through data accuracy

Improved M&A integration efficiency

3.Compliance

Reduced the cost of compliance managements and penalties

4.Supplier Relationship

Enabling global best practice vendor and parts consolidation

Improved procurement efficiency

Reduced out of stock parts

5.Supply Chain

Reduced shipment returns

Reduced expediting cost

Reduced logistic cost

Reduced warehouse receiving and handling cost

Reduced Inventory

6.Sales and Marketing

Improved speed to market for new products

Reduced invoice writes-offs

Improved sales and marketing effectiveness

Improved sales and marketing efficiency

Improved Store operations

I have listed few benefits of using MDM but have not explained anything on implementing MDM with BOA.

Please let us know if any further queries/concerns.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

AOA. Thanks for the reply. please post some more info about Implementation of MDM with BOA.

Any info regarding BOA will be great help.

regards,

Mirza.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mirza,

W/S. MDM system provides a solid base for storing and synchronizing master reference data across multiple systems. This helps intersystem communications and avoids duplication of effort. Now let us try to work towards narrowing your requirement.

What is teh exact requirement .? Do you have readily available data in BOA ? If so, in which format do you hold data ? 

What is the kind of data (Product,material,vendor,etc)?  How are you communicating BOA data with End users now?  Do you have access to MDM systems?

I hope you are trying to integrate BOA and MDM for some business purpose!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks much for the replies. really helpful at leas somebody is there to help if I have a situation. Right now I do not have any situation because I am going to join a project which is starting in a week and I have to deal with MDM and BOA. I 'll appreciate your help if you continue to provide some assistance when I need the most.

your last post is very helpful to understand what i'll be looking for when I am on the project and I will have all the answers ready for you in week or so. I am looking forward for your help.

Best Regards.

Mirza.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem Mirza. I will try my best to help on areas concerning MDM whenever you require any assistance. Though i have not worked on BOA, but i am sure there will be more guidance when you have Solution architect in your project who shall provide more insights on how to integrate BOA & MDM. I hope BOA will have readily available data in some format which needs to be integrated and loaded into MDM.

For now, you may close this thread as answered. Please feel free to post your queries whenever project kicks off. Create a new discussion forum when there are any concerns & I will surely get back with more information. Let us know if there are any other issues/queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you Ali? I am sorry I am unable to close the thread on this website. I am not finding any option to close the tread I started. please can you tell me how to close the thread.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

God's Grace Mirza. Hope you are doing well too. Btw, i hope your entry level queries on MDM are answered here. It's quite simple to mark a thread as closed, please mark my comment as correct answer and this would automatically close the thread, as simple as that. We shall be hoping to see you on another thread very soon when your project kicks-off.

Regards,

Ali

Answers (0)