cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between PP & SD in terms of MRP type and schedule line category( in SD)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

The configuration in SD within transaction in VOV5 is:

Item Cat         MRP Type       Schedule Line category      Manual Schedule Line category

1.    ZEP                Blank                CP                                       CN

2.    ZEP                ND                    CN                                       Blank

CP - Req./planning & Availability check is tick marked

CN - Req./planning & Availability check is NOT tick marked

Issue - If the Sales order start having Schedule Line category CN (because it is already configured in the system as per line 2) , then the Orders and Open delivery information is not visible in MD04 transaction.

Requirement - The material master MRP type is ND. We want the Sales Order to have Schedule line category as CN but at the same , its Orders and Open deliveries to be visible in MD04 output.

Is there a possibility to change the CN such that it does not generate planning requirements but the Sales order and Open deliveries values will be visible in MD04.

Please advise how it can be done and any impacts you are aware of.

Regards,

Vinayak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh ,

Point which i wanted help on was if i make CN configuration same as CP( which makes it relevant for MRP) but if the MRP type in mateial master is ND , there will no planning still .

Am i right in this point?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh ,

The plant in quesiton here is not a real manufacturing plant. In real terms it is a distribution centre. At other plants , we have production taking place , so different types are assigned to those plants.

Since there is no manufacturing taking place at this plant , earlier we did not have MRP views activated at the plant for the material masters extended to this plant.

Thanks.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

You thinking seems to be right here, I think it should not be any issue.

But, since i don't know about other things in your system, so please do a through testing of this, which you would definitely do, i believe.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayaka,

If you are assgning MRP type as ND, then it should not affect your planning result.

Are you anyways using APO here, or everything is being done in ECC only.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Is your question answered, if yes, please close the thread.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinayak,

You have confirmed that when in CN the fields Availability check and TOR are activated, the requirements flow to MD04.

Then it inturn means that the planning shall take place depending upon the setting at PP side.

Please check with them  / PP consutlant (in your organization).

In sandbox, both do some integration testing and find out.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinayak,

MD04 shows us the requirement of particular order, line item on the stock.

If the fields availability check and TOR are blank in a schedule line category then the sales order entries would not show in MD04. And this is logical.

Please explain why you have availability check = NP (No planning) and you want entries in MD04, for respective sales order, line item.

About your other comment, Availability check = NP but fields Availability check and TOR shall be activated in the schedule line category.

First, this is inconsistent.

Second, I think you would not see entries in MD04. But for confirmation, please / test this scenario.

Side comment: In MMR why don't you change the availability check to 01 / 02?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W ,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to take this discussion further.

When we marked the 2 indicators (i.e. Req./planning & Availability check) in CN, we are able to see the Sales order/Open deliveries in MD04 screen.

But in doing so ( referring to the change done in CN) ,we have made it same as scheduline line category CP.

We want to see the order/delivery of a material with MRP type = ND in MD04 because it is ND only at the distribution plant. At the distribution plant , the material is not planned. Since Sales Orders are raised from the distribution plant , the customer care ( team responsible for raising customer orders) team would like to see any other orders/open deliveries for this product.

Background - Earlier the MRP view was not created for this material at the distribution plant, so the configuration option as given below in line 1 was active ,  hence it was visible(because of Schedule line category.

But since now , we have added MRP view with MRP type = ND , it is picking up configuration as per line 2, which is as per schedule line category CN. Since it is CN , it is not visible in MD04.

Item Cat         MRP Type       Schedule Line category      Manual Schedule Line category

1.    ZEP                Blank                CP                                       CN

2.    ZEP                ND                    CN                                       Blank

So if we change CN and make it same as CP, I was trying to find out the impact of this change making it same as CP.

Thanks,

Vinayak

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Few question, to understand your requirement better;

1) How many type of plants you have.

2) Have you assigned other MRP types for plants other then you distribution plants.

• But since now , we have added MRP view with MRP type = ND , it is picking up configuration as per line 2, which is as per schedule line category CN. Since it is CN , it is not visible in MD04.
  •     
  •    Item Cat         MRP Type       Schedule Line category      Manual Schedule Line category
  • 1.    ZEP                Blank                CP                                       CN
  • 2.    ZEP                ND                    CN                                       Blank

Since now you have assigned MRP type in material master, so system is taking as per your configuration;

• So if we change CN and make it same as CP, I was trying to find out the impact of this change making it same as CP.

If you change CN and make it similar to CP, then you are making it relevent for MRP.

So here you need to ask yourself, what do you want from system, and set the system accordingly.

Please let me know for any further query.

Rgds

Sourabh