cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA model attribute view hierarchy options

Jonathan_Haun
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a reference guide for understanding the role that the following hierarchy options play in a SAP HANA attribute view?

1. Aggregate all Nodes - This appears to invoke a scenario where the parent node value is includ with the aggregation of the child node values based on the developer guide. However I can not see any changes using BOBJ Analysis for OLAP or Office with this option set.
  2. Default Member - I need a definition for this
  3. With Root Node - This appears to create a root node according to the developer guide but again I see no difference in using BOBJ Analysis for OLAP or Office with this option set.

Is is possible that these tools do not use these properties and that only the SAP HANA MDX engine uses them? Is there a better definition out their use available in the documentation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may find additional details in HA300 HANA training material.  As you said these are relevant if you are using MDX engine for reporting, such as Excel.

nidhi_sawhney
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are the parent-child hierarchies only applicable for use via MDX engine, is it not possible to see the results with HANA itself as a result of a query?